Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Z2 ALU upper tier...

keyguy

I, like others, have been trying to source the aluminum z2 second tier. It is listed in the Quik Lok Italian catalog and available in, at least, Italy and the UK. Unfortunately, no shipping to USA. One seller, Richtone music in the UK, will ship to the US, but the shipping is more than the price of the second tier. Is this the way international shipping works? I can't believe it can't be ordered through US Quik Lok. It is for sale here Here but I can't seem to get a shipping quote from the seller. I have tried on two occasions. No reply. I was thinking "Buy It Now" might force the issue...Any thoughts?

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was actual shipping?

They approximated $70 for me.

50 euros. About $54. Worth it to me as I am trying to lighten my load. I always liked the stand and already have the heavy version collecting dust because of the weight. Currently use a Spider, which I really like, but it seems to be getting a little bouncy in its old age. If the Z doesn't work out, I will probably get another Spider.

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

^ I bought an aluminum Z71 a few weeks ago and tried to order an aluminum Z2 from Italy, but am debating it since the Z2 will cost as much delivered as the Z71 did. My original transaction fell through due to his not listing the freight properly, so I'm holding off for now.

Am using the M2 (steel only) now and, since it doesn't fold all the way down, I just don't fold the stand top flat all the way...not worth the extra teardown; easy to carry with just the bottom folded up.

FWIW, I did replace those little spring loaded button ? locks for the top and bottom on the Z71. Mine both got sort of twisted and useless after gently opening it just a few times, and I was scared to rely on them alone...drilled the holes out and use a 2 inch 1/4 steel pin with safety wire (can't think of the exact name) instead.

Really like the stand, very light and I too have parked my Spider Pro at least for now.

^ I bought an aluminum Z71 a few weeks ago and tried to order an aluminum Z2 from Italy, but am debating it since the Z2 will cost as much delivered as the Z71 did. My original transaction fell through due to his not listing the freight properly, so I'm holding off for now.

Am using the M2 (steel only) now and, since it doesn't fold all the way down, I just don't fold the stand top flat all the way...not worth the extra teardown; easy to carry with just the bottom folded up.

FWIW, I did replace those little spring loaded button ? locks for the top and bottom on the Z71. Mine both got sort of twisted and useless after gently opening it just a few times, and I was scared to rely on them alone...drilled the holes out and use a 2 inch 1/4 steel pin with safety wire (can't think of the exact name) instead.

Really like the stand, very light and I too have parked my Spider Pro at least for now.

I hate to say it, but I didn't realize how much bounce the Spider had until I saw a recent video of the band. My CP4 on the bottom was really bouncing. And after the thread a couple of months(?) ago about the one that broke, I thought I would try something else.

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

I got this stand because it is super lightweight, still available, stable, easy setup and I just personally prefer the looks over the center column style. Like I have said ad nauseum, I just got tired of looking like a Sopwith Camel all the time. :)

It's nice having a Spider Pro in reserve though! Never had any problems with it.

Paul

So, i got the Z2 aluminum upper tier from Italy and the stand from the Ebay vendor. I have to say, it is really light. There were only a couple of issues, none major. With my CP4 on the bottom, SK1 on top, it "could" be tipped over, back toward the player, with a good bit of effort. The other thing I hadn't figured on, is when the 2nd tier is installed correctly, it is too wide for the SK1. I had to install the 2nd tier with the knobs to the inside to be able to accommodate the SK1. I will be gigging with the first time this weekend. So far, it's a great stand. No bounce. I've attached pictures. I hope this is helpful for others considering this stand. [/url]

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

So, i got the Z2 aluminum upper tier from Italy and the stand from the Ebay vendor. I have to say, it is really light. There were only a couple of issues, none major. With my CP4 on the bottom, SK1 on top, it "could" be tipped over, back toward the player, with a good bit of effort. The other thing I hadn't figured on, is when the 2nd tier is installed correctly, it is too wide for the SK1. I had to install the 2nd tier with the knobs to the inside to be able to accommodate the SK1. I will be gigging with the first time this weekend. So far, it's a great stand. No bounce. I've attached pictures. I hope this is helpful for others considering this stand. [/url]

Good.

I had two and no problems.

The main issue I ran into is they took up too much length in my car - easy to take down and put up but with three other keyboards I needed the room.

I ended up with the Quiklok Z726 which is just a little heavier and more stable. Just takes a little longer to put up.

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

I'll probably get an aluminum set of Z2's sometime; still having a hard time rationalizing paying more for just the 2nd tier arms than I did for the whole aluminum stand. :)

Don't even try! It never makes sense to consider what you spend rationally :/

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Update shipment trivia: Ordered my alum. Z2s from Italy on the 18th; shipped on the 19th; UPS delivered them this morning (Virginia) the 22nd. Wow... talk about quick !

FWIW, they went from Italy to Frankfurt to Philly.

Same route for me. Super quick.

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

• 6 years later...

I'm still searching for the ever elusive Z2. Does anyone have an extra pair they'd like to sell? I can order them from gear4music.com in the UK, they keep pushing the delivery ahead by a month. Now they're into mid April. I wish I knew why they discontinued them in the state but are still available in Europe.

Larry Novak

www.noshoesnationband.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Kurzweil PC4

Korg Kronos 2

Hammond A122