Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Facebook group for us refugees.

desertbluesman

Guitar Player forum refugees. I created it just now, join up if you can, otherwise send me something from your e-mail address so I can invite you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123386328039007/

or desertbluesman at yahoo dot com

I will be out of town for 3 days hittin Vegas monyanna, back Monday evening. Please try to join or lets gather at the String Network. Caev can approve you joining.

If you can't join for some reason e-mail me or Caev and you will be invited.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you join, please share your forum name.

Good call!

I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone.

There is a pinned post on the other Facebook group page for forum names that might be ideal to utilize. Check it out:

Click

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

When you join, please share your forum name.

Good call!

I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone.

Well, thanks but no thanks. I have no further dealings with "farcebook", regardless of the page and it's intent. Nothing PERSONAL y'all. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

OK Fang, I was wondering about you and Facebook, anyways the Music Players mag folks seem to be coming up with something to continue these forums in one way or another, so if that occurs, no need for the Facebook group, I just set it up to keep in touch just in case there was no further music player forums. We shall see what happens.......

I just set it up to keep in touch just in case there was no further music player forums. We shall see what happens.......

It was a great idea to remain idle until we centralized once again. At any rate, don't get rid of it. It can become a meeting place in the future if/when the forum (wherever that may be) has technical issues.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

I just set it up to keep in touch just in case there was no further music player forums. We shall see what happens.......

It was a great idea to remain idle until we centralized once again. At any rate, don't get rid of it. It can become a meeting place in the future if/when the forum (wherever that may be) has technical issues.

It can lay dormant, it costs nothing and is only a line in the groups section. Plus we can post pictures and put links to them wherever we land etc.etc.

???!!!

What's going on ?

For you, and any others to come along here:

Dear Forum Users,

We apologize for discontinuing the Music Player Forums without advance notice or warning.

We've absolutely taken into account your disappointment, and, as a result, we are turning the forums back on in their current forms temporarily.

Please understand that we made the shutdown decision abruptly because we have serious security concerns with the hardware and software that houses the forums. Other sites in our group have been under almost constant attack from hackers trying to gain access and shut us down.

In addition, we have not had a direct business case for keeping the forums active, so it seemed quite reasonable from an operations standpoint to discontinue them and not have to worry about hackers or other security issues.

However, we agree with you all that we acted too fast.

Regarding the future of the forums, we promise to either build a business case and implement another hardware and software solution, or find another business that would be willing to house the archives and continue the forums.

We also promise to notify you in advance of any change in the status of the forums.

Thanks for all your feedback. We ARE listening.

Sincerely,

Bill Amstutz, VP, General Manager NewBay Music Group.

Michael Molenda, Editorial Director

Gino Robair, Editor, KEYBOARD

Sarah Jones, Editor, ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN

Chris Jisi, Editor, BASS PLAYER

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived