Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Generator Oil UK supplier/substitute

Gary75

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking to avoid buying from the US. Shipping and customs costs on a bottle of oil is outrageous. It's not so bad when I wanted a few bits and pieces at the same time. I just object to paying $12 for oil only to have 3-4 times that amount to pay before I receive it.

Who is making the oil these days? It's not old stock. Yet it's not available at Hammond UK if it is 'official'.

Message AndyG on the organforum, if anybody in the UK knows a steady supplier, it will be him.

You can also use Lily-white sewing machine oil from a quality vendor (e.g. Singer, Alphasew) or Zoom-spout light turbine oil. But you must be VERY careful making substitutions. An incorrect substitution can cost you a tone generator. I have an M3 generator that is SO gummed up that I hit it with a couple of shots of mineral spirits a couple of hours before showtime the odd time I gig it. Otherwise it suffers warbling tones, and it should really be pulled and thoroughly cleaned.

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I buy TWG's house brand. In fact I just bought 3 bottles of organ oil and a bottle of Leslie oil from him last week. You know you have a serious Hammond problem when....

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived