Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PC3, possible to trigger a note with a footswitch

analogholic

Hi all,

Need to trigger a low C note for a live thing...

Is it possible to do that from a normal sustain type footswitch?

Didn't find anything in the menu of the footswitches.

I see that I can trigger a riff though. Could a riff behave as one note triggered?

Never worked with riffs before...

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've answered your own question.

A riff is nothing more or less than a MIDI sequence. Make a sequence of you playing the low C note and holding it for longer than you need to be triggering it (presuming it's a low C drone on a sustained sound). Convert that sequence to a Riff. Assign to footpedal. Done.

Thanks guys! :2thu: :2thu:

One more question:

I'm in setup mode with piano in zone 1(ch 1) and strings in zone 2 (ch 2).

I want both the piano and the strings to sound when I press the pedal.

Guess I have to record the note on two tracks?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I see that I can trigger a riff though. Could a riff behave as one note triggered?

Never worked with riffs before...

Yes! IIRC, record the low C, save the riff, assign the sustain pedal (or any controller) to playing that riff. Done!

You don't say? ;):snax:

Ah! Didn't see your post. At least we seem to be in agreement..! :)

Thanks guys! :2thu: :2thu:

One more question:

I'm in setup mode with piano in zone 1(ch 1) and strings in zone 2 (ch 2).

I want both the piano and the strings to sound when I press the pedal.

Guess I have to record the note on two tracks?

I believe You can use the same riff and settings for both zones.

Hi,

The Riff is a good solution.

Another solution is the use of KeyVel and KeyNum as I explained in this video years ago (watch till the end, the example of the switch button will work for your pedal)

Now, the next comment will not help you specifically but maybe it helps other readers. Newer Kurzweil products with OS 3.X, like Forte, allow to set any switch (buttons, pedals or even keys) to Chord Mode. You can trigger up to 8 notes from any switch in any zone, making this kind of things pretty straight forward.

Regards,

Fran

analogholic converses with analogaddict about a digital synth....... what is missing from this picture?

Asperger's?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Hi,

The Riff is a good solution.

Another solution is the use of KeyVel and KeyNum as I explained in this video years ago (watch till the end, the example of the switch button will work for your pedal)

Now, the next comment will not help you specifically but maybe it helps other readers. Newer Kurzweil products with OS 3.X, like Forte, allow to set any switch (buttons, pedals or even keys) to Chord Mode. You can trigger up to 8 notes from any switch in any zone, making this kind of things pretty straight forward.

Regards,

Fran

Thanks a lot man!

Any chance that this chord function will find its way to the PC3 series in a future update?

That would be awesome!!!

Arthur Schopenhauer

[quote=

Regards,

Fran

+1 re PC3 request (couldn't get the quote right, but you get the idea.)

Annuello.

"That's total combat gigging!" - Adam Burgess

PC3 series came out in 2008 - had a LOT of OS updates and very significant difference in functionality between the original 0.9 and 2.21. I don't think there is much chance of OS version 3 features being back-ported. There probably is not enough room in OS version 2.x devices to hold Forte features.

A similar process is going on with the Forte - my understanding is that there already have been a lot of enhancements.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

analogholic converses with analogaddict about a digital synth....... what is missing from this picture?

The world is upside down today!!! :D

Asperger's?

Well - both guys are Swedish... and they are discussing an American keyboard with a German sounding name... jeeeez! :) They could at least discuss a Nord Lead! :P

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Archived