Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your favourite VB3 leslie type when running in mono?

Garubi

Hallo,

for all my live Hammond sound I use the VB3 vsti.

I always ran it in stereo but now I would pass to mono.

So I'm wondering which is the Leslie simulation type you prefer when in mono (I'm speaking of the internal VB3 Leslie, not other plugins or hardware).

I know that one of the VB3's Leslie type is named "monoaural", and I like it when it's slow... but the fast isn't realistic at all, to my ears...

I'll continue with my experiments, but would be great to ear your findigs.

Stefano

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I use either the New 147 or the Jazz 122.

They are the only two that I can get to sound the way I like. The others are all to choppy sounding on fast speed, IMO. But that's just me.

The New 147 has fixed speeds, but you can still adjust the mic distance and spread. The lower rotor sim seems to be a mix of a stationary and rotary effect.

As far as my settings for each one; I'd have to look when I get home. I don't have access to that laptop right now.

I do not like the "monaural" one at all, either.

Stuff and things.

Thanks to all of you!

I'll try the "spread" set to 0, I never thought of this.

Before experimenting vith the "monoaural" I was using the "new 147", I think I could revert back to it.

...or even consider going stereo ;-)

@George88: thanks for the PSP L'otary suggestion. In the future I'll definitively try it.

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

Not sure what style of Hammond sound you are trying to get but VB3 Rotary sim is passable on clean sounds only as far as realism goes.

I disable mine and go into Melda Multiband Sat as it has control over harmonic distortion bands.

Then I run that into the Melda MRotary, not the MVinatge Rotary and I can then boost the overdrive without changing the volume anywhere.

If I was doing smooth jazz or Jimmy McGriff/Smith style B3 the advice above would be fine.

What's great about Melda MRot is we run our PA in stereo and out front the VB3/Melda sounds really good considering it's not hardware.

Plus on stage monitoring with the SSv3 the only thing missing is the air from a real hardware Doppler effect.

I really miss the air from a 147 or Pro 3t.

I do lots of old Deep Purple/Steppenwolf/Uriah Heep/ELP/Argent,etc.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I prefer to use the first leslie simulation, rock 147. and I turn the "spread" parameter to 0.

Ditto.

+1

dB

+3

I set VB3 up the way I like it several years ago and had to open it up to see what I was using.

Additional effects are fine but they can add a higher load than the VST. In my rig I have L'otary and the overdrive is creamy but it uses more resources than VB3 so I have gone back to the VB3 sim for live use. All good if you have resources to spare otherwise the VB3 sim does a pretty good job.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

I set VB3 up the way I like it several years ago and had to open it up to see what I was using.

Additional effects are fine but they can add a higher load than the VST. In my rig I have L'otary and the overdrive is creamy but it uses more resources than VB3 so I have gone back to the VB3 sim for live use. All good if you have resources to spare otherwise the VB3 sim does a pretty good job.

very helpful post, Mark. :thu:

:nopity:

Archived