Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

B3 look wooden clone stand

wannjl

Has anybody tried out one of the Valhalla B3 look wooden clone stands? I bought one of his stands for my XK3. This new one takes any clone. Was thinking of upgrading to an SK2, but I love my B3 look (and so does audience) on stage.

http://www.valhallawoodworking.com/

JL

Hammond XK3, Yamaha PSR-s610, Leslie 3300, Neo Ventilator, Motion Sound Pro-145(fixed!), Yamaha Clubs & Subs, Hammond T-220

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. The one I bought for the Xk3 with lower manual was about $650... which was less than Hammond wanted for their plain Jane stand. I assume it would be about the same. I had mine done in birch. He does better wood at I assume higher price.

JL

Hammond XK3, Yamaha PSR-s610, Leslie 3300, Neo Ventilator, Motion Sound Pro-145(fixed!), Yamaha Clubs & Subs, Hammond T-220

Got an email from them today:

$ 543.50, Unfinished Clone Stand

98.00, Finishing - if requested

-------------

$ 641.50

Front panel of the Clone Stand lifts off, rather hinging the sides in.

Eight color options

JL

You could spend money on something else. I don't why people want to fool the audience with these things. Those guys do great work and make replacement cabinets for console but are expensive.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Happy with my £100 B3-alike.......

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Keyboard%20Rig/IMG_0186_zpsb6fe2821.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Outkaster, mine I use on the platform of a large church. In our particular situation, it keeps focus. LOL I use normal stands for gigging.

JL

I get the aesthetic appeal but it seems like money would be better spent on a real organ ( if that is what you are doing) or some other piece of gear. Steve Winwood did it in 1991 when I saw him. He had a console cabinet with a Voce unit inside. It seemed cheesy to me at the time but to each their own.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I kind of like the idea, myself. I've owned 2 different B-3's and a C-3 in the past, and there's nothing like a real HAMMOND organ, but at this point in my life I much prefer all of the upsides that come with owning my (MUCH more portable) HAMMOND SK-2 instead.

Having it in a nice looking, wooden cabinet just goes that much further toward completing the replication, in my opinion. Hey, there's a reason why these "organ clone-wheel" type keyboards are so popular now. You can get a pretty great sounding (and playing) instrument in a portable package that an average person actually CAN take out to a gig! I for one think that it's a pretty decent trade-off.

My wooden stand is made out of birch. Its VERY light weight. It is much LIGHTER than my On-Stage Stands KS7350 Pro Heavy-Duty Z-Stand. I carry it with one hand. Its my XK3 traditional lower keyboard, Yamaha clubs and powered sub I dread!

That is one of the reasons I was inquiring about the new clone stand. That light weight stand plus an SK2 with my Neo Vent, Center Point SS3 with a 12" Behringer sub... and I have the lightest weight killer rig.

By the way, I too am done with heavy equipment. I really want to be done with my organ dolly.

JL

Archived