Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It is here. It is shipping out today

CEB

Just got order a DS1H. I've been using a M-Audio SP-2 I had for my FA-06.

I found I really did miss half damping especially with the edits I made to the Berlin Grands. I added more punch and made the Berlin Brite piano sound bigger. I may need to look at velocity curves. It is like when I went to college and played a 9 footer for the first time and found the bigger beast hard to control and to adjust my touch and pedaling. I'm still going through an adjustment period. Playing with the 10-piece band this weekend so I will get to do a lot of piano work.

Piano in the pop band is very minimal. I do a piano solo in Funhouse and I play piano on All About That Bass.

I think I am going to play piano on Chandilier just because I want to.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting to hear some audio of that Berlin grand. :poke:

I'd like to hear the Berlin Bright with your edits. :thu:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

OK. It may be Sunday. That would actually be a good learning project to record audio strictly within the Kronos.

Maybe the first Berlin, The brite Berlin, Mine, A couple of German Grands and 2 Japanese grands.

I have a ton to do. I still haven't even registered it.

I haven't done any recording yet. Between gigs and my daughter's concerts and her graduation stuff and trying to program the Kronos for the Pop gig I have not had time to record.

I learned my Pianos live were too bright and brittle. I scratch my edits with the Berlin Brite I was getting some weird overtones. I went with the standard Berlin but they were greatly brightened by my edits. They didn't suck but they are not great. It will take sometime to get them the way I want.

I went through this OCD fueled process with the Yamaha.

I am getting close. All the old Pop show is programmed. I just have patches for 6 new songs to add (Dynamite, GDFR, Sugar, Chandilier and two older tunes Evacuate the Dance Floor and So What [Pink not Miles Davis] ) These are straight forward soundwise.

Some stuff sounds better - some stuff about the same - some not as good compared to my old rig. The stuff that is not as good will improve because I rushed a lot of setups just to have something in the can just in case. I am pretty much committed to using the Kronos this weekend because I don't want to reprogram Master Mode because the setlist order has been totally rearranged. I don't miss Master mode one darn bit.

Still using the GAIA for some builds and some Wobble basses for the time being but It will eventually go away.

Programming mostly the PolySix and MS-20 Engines. Had to use the AL-1 for one tune where I started with a AL-1 preset program and edited it. I think I will like the AL-1 a lot once I learn it more. I am off Friday. I have 2 days to tweak the heck out of stuff and get these Combis balanced.

Thanks everyone who has helped over the last few weeks.

It is ready.

Cool CEB. Would be really interesting to see some video's of you playing. Especially in the pop band. I think you will kill the songs with the Kronos!

Rudy

Soundcheck done. On of my vocoder patches kind of sucks but everything else sounds good. The other 2 vocoder setups are fine.

Archived