Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: songs you misunderstood in your youth

Okay... I was Today Years Old when I learned it wasn"t 'One Winged'. And I"m upset too, because 'White Winged Dove' is so much less interesting!

Stevie Nicks makes one-winged doves cry.

You must have had a better stereo than I had. I thought it was "Just like the one we love"

I thought it was "one-winged girl" for awhile, which is, in retrospect, a horrifying image. Didn't Miley Cyrus do a video like that? :wink:

That's what I thought too "one winged girl"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Towards the end of "Desperado" by the Eagles, the lyrics go... "Come down from your fences, open the gate". For years, I thought it was "Come down from your fences, oh renegade."
Handy for that Eagles/Styx mashup every audience has been desperately waiting for, I'm sure...

Right after 2112 came out, a friend of mine asked me why the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx had "a zoom control.". What could they do with it?
Little did he know how many of us would need a Zoom control in 2020. :roll:

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 1 month later...
To this day, you"ll break the hearts of certain islanders by informing them that 'Funking for Jamaica' is about a section of NYC.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs