Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Problems downloading Ivory Mobile Grand for Korg Module

analogholic

Visiting my mother in law during the holidays and the WiFi seems a bit iffy over here.

It downloaded 10 % and then it "froze".

I see on my bank account that I have been charged.

Have two options, click on "restore purchases" or "buy"

What do I do now?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with a good connection, the Ivory portion is over a gigabyte in size (almost as big as Module itself), and takes way longer than the Wurly add-on.

If all else fails, your iTunes account will have a record of the purchase.

BTW, the pianos ARE worth the extra $$ (Especially while still on sale).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Thanks! Yeah, I'm very aware of the size of Ivory.

Did the "Restore Purchases" thing, and this time it froze at 12 % of the download.

At home I don't have WiFi, so I thought I'd take the oppurtunity to download it now.

Guess the WiFi here is not strong enough or something. I'll have to try it again at my girlfriend's workplace when I get back. Bummer....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Visiting my mother in law...
I'll have to try it again at my girlfriend's workplace ...

You're a busy guy ......

Hahaha.....not that buzy :roll:

Looks more suspicious than it really is

I call my girlfriend's mother my mother in law because

we're engaged but not married.....yet :laugh:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Btw, tried a third time over here and same thing, froze at 11 %.

Seems like it looses connection from time to time and then it stops/freezes and then asks me to "buy" or "restore purchases".

Heck, don't even know if I got the free Wurly installed correctly.

Are there any reed pianos in the basic Module?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Hi,

I bought Module and Ivory to use in a rehearsal setting, but while I think the Ivory sounds are very good, the lack of MIDI control is frustrating. The fact that I have not been able to change octaves when using a controller is bizzaro. Also it transmits in OMNI mode only Although some workarounds for this are possible.

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

I'm using Module & Ivory for an ultra-portable rig with a Carbon 49 controller. The octave switches on the controller do work. I'm satisfied for what I use the rig. I do wish that Module could be set to only respond to one MIDI channel, it would make it easier to alternate with other apps. I've set a number of user presets so they all show up on the same Module screen for quick sound changes (piano, Rhodes, Wurly, and 3 organ).

The controller isn't suitable for any subtle playing, but I'd be more likely to use the Kurzweil and/or Hammond rigs when that is needed. The Ivory piano does sound very good when I use my PC3X as a controller.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

OK, girlfriend took the Ipad to her workplace today.

Nothing happens when she clicks "Restore Purchases" or even "buy". Their WiFi is good.

Contacted Apple Support via phone and they will refund me.

But don´t know how get the app...

And the sale ends tomorrow....

Arthur Schopenhauer

Maybe something is corrupt in the Module app. Might uninstall Module, shut down and restart the iPad, reload Module, and see if Ivory can be downloaded on a good connection. If you can, connect the iPad by the USB cable to your computer with a good connection on the computer, that is how I load any of the larger apps - quicker and less likelihood of problems.

Jim

Well, problem solved.

Went to the "Apple Store" where I bought the Ipad and told them my problem. The guy there suggested a hard reset and voila, I could buy the app again and it was downloaded in 5 minutes. Got a little nervous as it stopped loading at 80% but it seems to be there. Sounds really good when the velocity is dialed in.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Btw, MoodyBluesKeys, I thought that "in apps" like the Ivory could only be downloaded via WiFi ?!?

That´s what the developer for Set List Maker told me when I wanted to buy the "Midi-in app" for it.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I'm not sure about in-apps, but it does seem like stuff installs faster when I have the iPad USB connected. I do have a strong wi-fi signal - I use two Access Points in the home and one in the shop. During installs, the iPad is normally about six feet from the antennas of the Access Point. Wi-fi protocol gives faster operation with stronger signals, and with less other devices using the Access Point.

Jim

Archived