Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need help finding Kawai Key Replacement

Ian Benhamou

Hey Guys,

I recently broke a key-weight on the Kawai MP-9000 (middle C) keyboard I use in my Beatles tribute.

I brought it in to my usual tech and he told me that he couldn't do anything because he was no longer able to purchase the keys for that action. He told me search the net to try and find some and then bring in the board with the key and he'd fix it.

I've been searching eBay and various other sites and have had zero luck.

If any of you know of any places to look or have any ideas that could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian, the MP9000 was produced from 1998-2001/2002, so spare parts may be a little hard to come by. That said, if Kawai America still have the white key key-weight in question, I'm sure they will be happy to send it to you.

It's perhaps worth noting that - unlike the MP9500 and later boards - the MP9000's key weights are not graded from bass to treble (i.e. all the black keys have the same weight, and all the white keys have the same weight). This theoretically means it should be possible to swap-out the middle C hammer+weight with that of another key that's seldom used, such as the bottom A or top C. It's not ideal, but is perhaps something to consider if you're unable to source a spare hammer+weight.

If Kawai America are unable to help, please let me know and I'll check the parts centre here in Hamamatsu - you never know, there may be a box of old spare keyboard parts sitting in a cupboard somewhere that contains the bits you require.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

If Kawai America are unable to help, please let me know and I'll check the parts centre here in Hamamatsu - you never know, there may be a box of old spare keyboard parts sitting in a cupboard somewhere that contains the bits you require.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

James

x

Now THAT'S good customer service. I love my MP8II BTW. :-)

Archived