Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Numa Organ firmware update

Chris Towns

Hi,

Yesterday I sent an email to Studiologic asking for some news regarding a firmware update for the original Joey De Francesco endorsed Numa Organ. Despite having the Numa 2 Organ myself I wanted to try and get some positive feedback for existing Numa Organ owners. I received a reply to my email today (less than 24 hours later) from Gianni Giudici.

My email.

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Numa 2 organ. In the demo videos made by Gianni Giudici, he explains that the original Numa Organ can be updated with software to include new features. Can you please tell me when this software update will be available for existing Numa Organ owners. I do understand that this does not affect the Numa 2 Organ.

I read several Organ Forums, and they talk about the lack of information coming from Studiologic, whereas Crumar who sell the Mojo seem to keep people very well informed about their products and updates. If the software is still in development for the original Numa Organ could you please issue a statement to that effect. I am sure people would appreciate knowing.

I am very happy with my purchase, it is in my opinion the best Hammond clone on the market, certainly the cheapest.

Many thanks

Christopher Towns

Studiologic reply.

Dear Christopher,

many thanks for your choice and kind words; the update will be released within this month and it will be suitable for Numa Organs produced from January 2013 and a specific serial number; we will publish all info on our site when tested and verified, while I personally answered to all incoming mails on the same matter and others :-)

Thanks again and Best Regards on behalf of Studiologic Team and our Ceo

Gianni Giudici

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am certainly tired of hearing people bitch about getting service on the Numa. American Music and Sound answers all service replies immediately. Studiologic themselves are a little less prompt, but in reality it is not their job to handle sevice, at least in North America.

In my case , I asked for a modification for percussion volume and Carlo Maffei at Studiologic did it for me. How many companies do mods on their product due to a customer's request? Granted my recommendation was a good suggestion. So there is a percussion volume mod that I sent out to several forum members who own Numas.

My lack of computer experience actually has prevented me from doing the percussion volume mod. At the time I did not have the original copy of my Numa organ loader, though I have since secured a copy. But then I had a house fire and I still do not have a computer set up. So there.

I still need to do it, and probably would still need help because I am so damn technically challenged. I do not have programs to open zip files and probably many other things most of you take for granted.

I am so glad that the Numa exists. I am one of those who is not satisfied with most of what is out there. Almost 4 years after release there isn't much else that can match its CV and leslie sim.

So for me it's indespensible.

I am with you on this LX.

I have a mojo and numa1 and love em both?

Can't say the same for my nord stage 2 organs.

My Sk1 was decent but not regrettably sold it after getting the Numa. Read into that if y'all like.

My only hesitation on the numa was the bad press it got on reliability but mine has been rock solid... Much moreso than my pc3 though it has other features of course...

To me it's not the service that's the problem. My issue would be that the organ needs servicing period. If I'm spending $1000+ on a board, I don't want to keep on having to send it back for service it shouldn't need. I love how the Numa organ sounds but I don't want to be playing somewhere and all of a sudden I get no sound.

Hammond XK1-c, Hammond XPK-100, Yamaha FC-7, Spacestation V3

I hope any software upgrade for the old Numa organ either still includes the existing sound modeling, or there is a way to restore to original. People don't always agree about whether something is an improvement, and I hate when you upgrade something and decide you liked the old way better, but you can't go back...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived