Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg SV-1 and pitch bend

Jefsong

I was wondering if anyone knew if the SV-1 will respond to pitch bend and/or modulation via an external midi control?

I am thinking of using the SV-1 on the bottom of my Hammond SK2 in my rig and the only thing I would be missing is the ability to have a mod wheel. Perhaps I could use a midi foot pedal?? or maybe a nanoControl?

Thanks.

Motif Classic 88, S90ES, Hammond Sk2, GSI Dmc-122, Fender Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Wurlitzer 200A, Hammond B3 + 122 Leslie

www.jeffreybryanmusic.com

Keyboardist for Survivor

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering if anyone knew if the SV-1 will respond to pitch bend and/or modulation via an external midi control?

According to the MIDI implementation chart in the manual, it does. Which actually I found a bit surprising!

I am thinking of using the SV-1 on the bottom of my Hammond SK2 in my rig and the only thing I would be missing is the ability to have a mod wheel. Perhaps I could use a midi foot pedal?? or maybe a nanoControl?

NanoControl won't work because it's USB. You should be able to get a foot pedal to work, though (using the same techniques that people use to get an expression pedal to work on a Casio PX-5S that people have discussed here). The question would be, though, what you want it to do. I don't know what the modulation-over-MIDI does on the SV1, but if I had to guess, I'd say it would probably do the same thing the FX Intensity knob does. Whatever it does, it may not necessarily be something particularly useful. Most if not all the SV-1 sounds are not the kinds that you usually use a mod wheel with. Though if you do want that effect, and you could theoretically spare the hand for the missing mod wheel, you could just as well manipulate the FX Intensity knob, and it might do the same thing.

Some of the SK1 extra voices might make more sense for modulation, since there are some more synthy voices there.

This thread might be of interest:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2540980/Re_Pitch_Bend_Mod_wheel_add_on

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Yes you are right I actually want to use it on the extra voices of the SK2 NOT the SV-1...my mistake. There are a couple of synth lead sounds on the SK2 that I want to use pitch bend. Since the SV-1 doesn't have a mod wheel I need to find another way. When I wrote my post I had it backwards :facepalm:

Motif Classic 88, S90ES, Hammond Sk2, GSI Dmc-122, Fender Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Wurlitzer 200A, Hammond B3 + 122 Leslie

www.jeffreybryanmusic.com

Keyboardist for Survivor

Archived