Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

any Priest fans?

Guitarzan

i am digging Judas Priests new disc Redeemer of souls.

waited 6 years for it dang it. it is solid and they capture some of the old vibe. Halford doesn't disappoint and the new guy Ritchie works. great tunes with lots of killer moments and the songs get better the further you move in them. i hate songs that start off huge and sound the same all the way through. the bonus disc has 5 cuts that are by no means crappy like most bonus songs.

In Halls of Valhalla when Halford goes from a guttural growl to an air raid siren in one climbing note right before the kick ass solo i almost crapped my pants. haven't heard him do that for awhile.

he still has it and it is cooler than when it is used all the time.

And the drums sound like drums and not an over compressed plastic tub, well done.

All in all it makes me happy. Great tunes with loads of melody and cool riffs with none of that "more metal than you" that drives me nuts with most metal releases.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you will like it i am sure. no posing just great songs and solid playing. it seems as though all my wishes came true. Scott Travis doesn't go on auto pilot double kick mode all the time like in some past releases. Glenn and Ritchie have loads of tasty bits and play for the song. but there are plenty killer solos. Rob is in form and his voice is strong and clear. he isn't screaming all the time. i like the production Ian and Scott are easily distinguished in the mix.

Archived