Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Last job with band

BEMcCut

Some of you saw my post a while back about the guitar that wouldn't help carry equiptment. We were in two bands together. Here is the outcome from that. The 80's band crashed about a month ago and tonight is the last job for the country band. The drummer and I have a bass player and possibly a new guitar guy and are probably going to start something up again. This is the first time I can remember not being in a band since I was 12 years old. It does however feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. It is a shame it had to end because of one guy not playing well with others.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yes... The soap opera of band membership. I would say that 75% of bands fail due to this issue.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

No way to keep a band together. Bands come and go. You gotta keep on playin', no matter with who. - Del Paxton

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

...garage bands are always doomed.

Age, individual agendas, personalities, other opportunities, women, day-jobs, maturity/immaturity, y'all add your own story.

After a certain point, most of us realize we don't need the aggravation.

Or unless you're The Rockin' Redeyes. We've been together for twenty years. And before that we all played together in high school in a couple of different bands. We never tried to make a living with music, however. I feel honored to have been able to play all these years with the same guys.

Kurzweil PC4

Archived