Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Possibly worthy addition to your collections

Don't know if this has been discussed here already (I didn't see anything).

AcousticSamples has a new C7 that is worth a listen. Their online examples sound like they nailed it. I'm still madly in love with the Ravenscroft, but I do play a lot of C7s. Most of the better studios have them (there are really spectacular ones at Blackbird, Oceanway, The Tracking Room and Loud Recording). There not for everything, I know, but they work well for Pop and Contemporary Country, so I may want to have it as an option in my "Virtual Piano Tool Bag"

My guess is it will sound as different from the Ravenscroft as the real ones do, but I'm definitely curious.

Accousticsamples/C7

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My go to for pop is still Alicia Keys. That thing sure doesn't sound great on its own but in a mix it always somehow fits perfectly.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

My go to for pop is still Alicia Keys. That thing sure doesn't sound great on its own but in a mix it always somehow fits perfectly.

Funny, I never bought that one for just that reason. I listened to it by itself and thought it was kinda "eh" (need a shoulder shrug emoticon :laugh: ).

I don't expect that from this C7. I'm familiar with some of their other products (INHO they make the absolute best Wurly out there). They pay a lot of attention to detail.

The C7 is one of my favorite grands, so this thread got my attention pretty quickly.

The demos sound great. From what's been discussed, so far, I suspect the finger-to-music connection will be very strong.

For home recording, and a couple of online sessions, I've been able to cover things between American Concert D and my CP4. But having a Yamaha software piano - with the detail and playability of American Concert D - is very tempting; plus the CP4 is going out on live gigs more, and I've been using a different 88 as my controller.

Was thinking of adding the Ivory 2 Yamaha C7 to my Receptor, as well; but this new offering makes me wonder. As my Receptor has the UVI Workstation onboard, it seems worth a holler to Muse Research to see if the AcousticSamples C7 is installable.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived