Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do I stop Windows 8 from doing stuff I didn't ask for?

If companies are going to work this hard at making a product idiot proof, they should label the box "FOR IDIOTS ONLY!"

But But but but

Then you are cutting out 10 or 20 percent of your potential market.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob - Take a deep breath, bro. My mouse has a scroll function. So I get to scroll down past posts I don't get value from.

Sorry Tim, don't agree. When the subject is an issue with a Win PC and somebody posts the words "Buy a Mac" that's like that idiot a few years ago who kept teasing the tiger at the SF zoo until the thing managed to jump the "tiger proof" fence and go after the guy.

The poster knew exactly what he was doing and got his intended result. The internet is full of PC vs Mac forums, go jump into one of those.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Jazzmamallian

I have used both platforms. I am a superficial user of computers... let me take this opportunity to say... and it is quite OK to be a superficial computer User...

For superficial users MAC wins for that kind of user. Now non superficial ( I call myself an advanved newbie ) users are another issue.

Getting all emotional with the language is unnecessary.

Detachment from the topic is best, just report your experience with Mac and PC, sans the emotionality... else you are part of the problem you just argued for.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

"How do I stop Windows 8 from acting like a hyperactive kid who is "just trying to help" when you really wish he would just go take a nap?"

_________________________________________________________________Just plug in the download that makes Windows 8 or 8.1 open up with the old Win 7 desktop. And you still have all the features of Win 8/8.1 and can dial them in at any time. No muss, no fuss.

Archived