Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC3LE7 shut down/ lights up and goes silent

PeteD1701

Hi there, would anyone out there possibly have any information as to why my Kurzweil PC3LE lights up and the sounds all go quiet during a show. This has been getting slowly worse over the last few months. I think it has something to do with the output. Any one else have this problem?

thank you

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy, I just returned a brand new Artis for locking up, and was considering the PC3LE as a replacement. But now, after reading these issues I am reconsidering.

I know there supposedly is a fix, but to purchase something brand new and then send it off for the repair fix is a bummer.

I wonder if it is a certain range of serial numbers, but looks like some brand new owners may have issues.

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I no longer work for Kurz, but I can say from experience that these issues are very rare.

We just don't see posts from the thousands of Kurz owners who aren't having problems. No one ever writes on a forum "my keyboard worked fine today - no probs whatsoever". Unlike the larger companies, Kurz doesn't have its own forum - so this is the place where customers will post if a problem does pop up.

Kurz support does an outstanding job - if anyone has an issue, contact them up and they'll sort it out.

I bought a used PC3LE7 a few months ago and experienced the same flashing lights issue. I contacted Sam Son(sson@ycapiano.com) at young chang pianos and he found the fix from the manufacturer. I am in Canada so you may have a different support center you need to contact. Sam was fantastic and saved my keyboard from being thrown in the garbage! The fix involves removing a specific capacitor on one of the internal circuit boards, replacing 2 power cables, and updating the boot loader and OS. I was able to do the fix myself as I have some background in electronics, but I'm sure a service center would do it. It's been a week and the keyboard has been solid. BTW, while I was waiting for the replacement cables I opened up the unit and re-seated the existing 2 power cables, which made the kbd start working although it was just a temporary workaround.

Good luck with your fix!

• 1 year later...

Yeh I had this with my LE7, Kurzw il were great and helped me get it fixed, but I couldn't keep it as I need reliability so I got the PC3 76 and that's been great.

Is there problems with the Artis? Dodged that then, nearly bought one

Nord Stage 2 HA76 | Roland FA-06

Gretsch G5420s I H&K Statesman | Strymon Flint | Catalinbread SCP | Source Audio Nemesis.

The LE has a known issue and Kurzweil issued a service bulletin to modify one of the boards. Once the mod is installed the fix is supposedly solid. The PC3/PC3K series doesn't have this issue; as far as I've heard, just the LE series has the issue. Contact support@kurzweil.com; they'll instruct you on how to proceed.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Archived