Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Messe coverage

Dave Bryce

I'm going to the Musik Messe in Frankfurt this week. One of the things I'll be doing there is shooting videos for Keyboard mag at the booths. :thu:

Anybody have anything they want me to go check out? Can't promise I'll get to everything, but I'll do my best.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kawai, the new stage pianos.

Roland FA-06. You reviewed the 08 but I want your opinion on the 06 action.

Yamaha, if they by some miracle introduce a new S90. But that won't happen.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Anything from Korg Italy, Ketron (It) and Fatar (It)

Thanks

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Roland FA-06. You reviewed the 08 but I want your opinion on the 06 action.

Actually, I reviewed the 06....

dB

Can you send me a link?

I'm going to the Musik Messe in Frankfurt this week. One of the things I'll be doing there is shooting videos for Keyboard mag at the booths. :thu:

Awesome!

Nord please. I don't think they'll be showing any new (i.e. not previously announced at NAMM) gear, but it's always good to see and hear the guys there.

Have fun!

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Nord please. I don't think they'll be showing any new (i.e. not previously announced at NAMM) gear, but it's always good to see and hear the guys there.

Wrong, James! Lead A1/R rack version :)

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

Wrong, James! Lead A1/R rack version :)

I swear, I double-checked the Nord site before posting that!

;)

It's a little predictable, but new gear is new gear. ;)

Certainly rack fans will be happy.

Now, how about that Nord Piano rack? ;)

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Lead A1/R rack version :)

ADDED FEATURES SINCE NAMM JANUARY 2014

Like button

NEW! Unique to the Nord Lead A1 is the new 'Like' function, a simple and brilliant practical feature to use during patch creation. When programming a patch it's often not clear if it's yet perfect. Now with the Lead A1 you can simply 'Like' what you've done into a temporary location and continue editing. You can Like up to 50 variations, with the ability to scroll between them to compare your favourites or go back to a specific Liked version to edit in a different way. When you're ready, save your favourite patch or patches to the Lead A1's memory.

Mutator Function

NEW! A popular feature of the Lead 4, the Mutator function allows variations of a patch to be created by adjusting one, some, or all elements of a patch by set percentages. There's also a wild Randomize mode to create an entirely new patch with all parameters randomized.

Unison

NEW! A newly designed "Fat-As-Fat-Can-Be" Unison Mode let's the Lead A1 challenge any vintage analog instrument.

Anybody have anything they want me to go check out? Can't promise I'll get to everything, but I'll do my best.

dB

Yamaha has a Musikmesse 2014 Special Site for new Yamaha products to be announced at the show. Hmmmm...I wonder what Yamaha has up its sleeve. Maybe a new synth or a next gen MOTIF with some trickle down from the Tyros 5 (e.g. S.Art2 Voices/high-quality sounds that re-create the feeling of an actual instrument when performing or maybe Yamaha's Time Stretch audio technology)?

dB, I'm sure you'll stop by to peak at those yammy sleeves...on or before March 12. :cool:

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/musikmesse/

Physis is already on my list.

Re: Yamaha, Nord, etc - I already plan to go and see all the major keyboard manufacturers.....and I will definitely go to the big synth booth in 5.1. I'm more talking about things I might not go see unless they're requested...

...and I'm the one who'll be reviewing the Kawai MP7 for Keyboard, so I'll go and see them for sure as well. :thu:

dB

Re: Yamaha, Nord, etc - I already plan to go and see all the major keyboard manufacturers.....and I will definitely go to the big synth booth in 5.1. I'm more talking about things I might not go see unless they're requested...

...and I'm the one who'll be reviewing the Kawai MP7 for Keyboard, so I'll go and see them for sure as well. :thu:

dB

If you are going to do a video on the MP7, the weakness of the MP5 IMO was that it is a little sluggish. Do something like the intro to Bat Out of Hell or the beginning of Rach's Prelude in G# minor ect.... something that test the Key return.

dB

If you are going to do a video on the MP7, the weakness of the MP5 IMO was that it is a little sluggish. Do something like the intro to Bat Out of Hell or the beginning of Rach's Prelude in G# minor ect.... something that test the Key return.

I don't play when I'm shooting vids at a trade show. I let their demonstrator play.

dB

dB

what's the craziest thing you've heard about that's supposed to be there?

video of that, pls.

Whatever updates Moog has on the Sub 37, as well as the Matador, please!

+1 to both of these, please.

I wonder what the build quality of the Sub 37 is, and what the new keybed (with aftertouch) is like? The Sub Phatty had a uniformly well regarded keybed and build quality, while the earlier Slim Phatty received mixed reviews ...

Thanks for any info Dave. :cool:

Archived