Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC3: how to disable lower foldback

bourniplus

Hi everyone,

a quick search showed nothing about this.

So, does anyone know of a way to disable lower foldback in KB3 mode? If there isn't an "easy" way, I'm thinking it must be possible by editing the keymap itself...

thanks in advance

Martin

"Show me all the blueprints. I'm serious now, show me all the blueprints."

My homemade instruments

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked with Jean and indeed it can't be edited in KB3 mode as such, however he suggested to create a Split setup with a VAST-generated B3 (I think those don't have the lower foldback) on the left and a KB3 program on the right.

Another way I thought of, if using the keyboard as a single manual only, would be to layer a sine wave program over a KB3 program to cover the "missing tonewheels", and set the first slider to control its volume.

My homemade instruments

Bourni,

I created a split manual B3 with VAST on the lower and KB3 on the upper. The setup also has independent drawbar control for both the VAST B3 and the KB3 while employing the double leslie. I can't remember if the VAST B3 has lower foldback or not. If interested in the setup, check this thread:

http://ksetlist.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=960

If you use two keyboards it also offers instructions as to how to create a dual manual organ (rather than a split manual) with independent drawbar control with just a couple of tweaks to the setup. I also have a version of the split B3/dual manual B3 that has dry effects (i.e. no leslie and no cabinet simulation) so that you can use an external leslie device like a VENT instead.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

The c/v and percussion in the setup are off by default. To engage either one when you are in the setup use the normal buttons over the sliders. C/V is not available on the Vast B3 at this time, I'm still working on how to make it work in sync with the KB3 program. So when you engage c/v it will only function on the KB3 organ. To change the default settings so that when the setup is called the C/V or percussion defaults on to your preferred setting you need to edit program 'upper KB3' (one of the two programs that make up the setup) while in program mode, make the change in the program to your default setting, then save the program. Now when you call up the setup the changes that you made to the program will be the new default settings in the setup.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

What happens is the C/V buttons light on and off normally, but there is no change to the sound. Even if I edit the C/V in the upperKB3 program to default to "on", the led turns red but there is still no C/V at all. This is the first KB3 program (or setup) I have that does this. Not complaining, just saying :). I wonder if it does this to others who install it, it might also be something I've edited somewhere.

edit: Jut figured how to add C/V, by changing the PROGFX when editing the programs themselves.

My homemade instruments

Bourni,

I check the program 'VASTB3 Lower' contained in the setup mentioned above. It also has lower foldback on the 16', however it is editable. Edit program 'VASTB3 Lower', then scroll to layer 11. Layer 11 is the 16' drawbar on the lowest octave. On the keymap page of this layer, change XPose from 0ST to -12ST. This will eliminate the foldback on 16'. I noticed that when I did this the volume dropped so you will have to increase the output of layer 11. This is done on the output page. See the 5-27-11 owner's manual, page 6-33 for a picture of this page. Move the 'Out Gain' parameter up a few decibels until the volume is to your liking. Save the program when finished. Now when the setup is called up, the 16' drawbar on the lower octave should no longer have foldback. I tried it, it works.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Bourni, I have the C/V figured out. Check your PM, it has the instructions. The setup will now have adjustable C/V just like a normal KB3 program does. You can alternatively download the correction from Ksetlist.com as I uploaded the fixed setup there as well as the Cunka site.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Archived