Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shipping a keyboard overseas

Phil Aiken

Specifically in my case, Doepfer PK88 from Boston to Hamburg. I had ordered a 76 key Doepfer, received an 88, and am returning it. The retailer will reimburse my initial payment through Paypal, and the return shipping separately. The commercial shipping services (DHL, UPS,FedEx) are all well over $400.00!

I worry about laying this out, and getting reimbursed the full amount, and even if guaranteed, out of fairness to the retailer, am thinking there has to be a better way. Note that shipping FROM Germany (FedEx) was well under $100.00.

Any ideas?

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could it be because the shipper had a deal with the shipping company and you don't?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Delving more.....shipper used FedEx international economy, which is apparently only available to businesses. Also claims they can't issue a pick up overseas.

Am looking into USPS today, and waiting to hear back from the retailer via email.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

So tell FedEx you are a business. :D

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Just heard from the retailer, who sent me their FedEx number to use. Should work out !!!!!

So tell FedEx you are a business. :D

You are right of course, and I am a business tax-wise as all musical endeavors are concerned, so I should have thought of that.

Archived