Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tonight on the Grammys- Metallica with Pianist, Lang Lang

BiC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't Metallica and Megadeth do a tour together?

I believe Dave Mustaine of Megadeth would absolutely go for that.

But, to be honest, I believe Metallica might be afraid of being outstaged because Megadeth is much tighter and heavier live than Metallica is.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

...to be honest, I believe Metallica might be afraid of being outstaged because Megadeth is much tighter and heavier live than Metallica is.

I can believe that! ;):D

Metallica should study performances by the Derek Trucks Band and/or Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gov't Mule, and The Mars Volta, for example, among others, if they wanna sound, uhmn, professional, tight, and like "musicians"... :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

i am a Megadeth fan anyway so this is kind of amusing to me anyway.

I'm a huge fan of both Megadeth & Metallica. I've never pitted them against each other because they both have contributed greatly to metal. Any 1980's metalhead (such as myself) who denies this is simply being dishonest with themself because of their band loyalty to one or the other. Both bands have my respect.

oh i don't have any hate for Metallica, i just prefer Megadeth.

just as i prefer Priest over Maiden. not a competition just a preference. i do love Master of Puppets.

i just prefer Dave's writing style as well as vocals ( go ahead and laugh ) i am probably the only one who will say they love Dave's vocals.

i would have to say Rust in peace is my number one fave metal album.

Speaking of... this kinda ticked me off...

Asked when METALLICA fans in the United States can expect to see the band on the road here again, Hetfield said: "You know what? We keep going back to Europe for summer festivals. People keep offering us headline spots over there. [We're going to] South America this year."

He continued: "I don't know what's happening the States.

"The States has gotta step up and want their music.

"I'm not sure what's going on in the States as far as rock and metal goes and concert-wise, but there's not really any willingness to get a big show out there and make it worthwhile to actually get out there and play. You see other bands gathering up six different bands just to go out and play.

"It's pretty tough in North America."

He added: "Right now, it seems like metal is struggling a little bit in the States. Obviously, the Orion [Music + More] festival that we had tried to do the last couple of years has really not been Gosh, it's been a disaster financially, and it's not able to happen again because of that. So it's a bummer. So, you know, we're doing what we can to keep being alive here. And I hope to get out and play in the States. It seems like forever since we've been out and about. You know, we've hit the coasts and we've done TV stuff and things like that. But it will happen again. So hopefully, to get your fix, you're able to get the ['Metallica Through The Never'] DVD and sit there and headbang with your friends."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallicas-james-hetfield-says-orion-music-more-festival-has-been-a-financial-disaster/#SzBQx2clpDZSLj6s.99

it is sad that bands get way more opportunities in Europe. Annihilator has continued to do well in Europe yet be totally invisible over here. the good side to this is at least the bands can continue to play what they want and find a market.

what would suck is if they had to change to continue.

That's doesn't count as a Metallica & Megadeth tour because both egos were at ease and satisfied. :D

Metallica headlined over Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax.

Megadeth essentially headlined over Slayer and Anthrax.

:rimshot:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

just as i prefer Priest over Maiden.

You need to REPENT! :D

it is too late for me :D

:thu:

I've always loved the way we can kid with each other on here. :D

your trying to trick me!

next thing you know i will have LULU on my cd player and reciting Rime of the ancient mariner ...damn...it's happening already

OMG... that CD is atrocious. To be honest, I strayed away from St. Anger for the longest time because of its negative reviews. But, when I finally picked it up I discovered a few songs on there that I actually get into, with St. Anger being one of them. It's just something about the rhythm guitars/drum groove on that tune that really moves me. I guess I'm one of those who can put up with the trash can drum'n throughout the album.

Archived