Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

Congrats, Ken! It almost makes me want to re-up our subscription. I've always liked that magazine but just don't have the time I want for it.

Like Mike says, please keep us posted.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:boing: :boing: :boing::boing::boing::boing::2thu::2thu::cheers:

Wow! Warmest congratulations Ken!! I am so pleased & excited for you. Lovely to see your beautiful photo getting the recognition it rightly deserves. Let us know if they publish it and I will get a copy of the magazine..... :love:

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Ah, who knows. That sounds like a very coveted job!!!

I drove over to Trona Pinnacles, this eerie set of rock formations near Ridgecrest in the Mojave Desert that used to be the bottom of a lake bed, to photograph Milky Way shots last night. Was a little farther than I remembered. This is a shot to Trona Pinnacles from the last trip two years ago that I thought I'd post.

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/tronapinnacleskillbillchurch-2013july/images/startrails-tronapinnacles3-50min-30sf28iso400.jpg

This is a 50-minute star trails shot looking north, showing the movement of the stars due to the rotation of the earth over long periods of time. The glow in the distance is the tiny town of Trona. The photo was taken in the summer of 2013, and won Best Travel Photo of the Year in the Los Angeles Times.

I have some big news, I won a photography contest that Wix and Viewbug were sponsoring. Giving the wife a new Macbook Air.

http://www.viewbug.com/blog/wix-portfolio-contest-winners-spotlight

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Title: Super Sabre Star Tail Star Trails.

The easy way? Download StarStax, which works on PC or Mac.

I mention this in my blog tutorial as well, but this will also tell you how to do it with Photoshop, step by step.

https://kenleephotography.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/photo-tip-5-steps-to-creating-this-star-trails-photo-includes-stacking-in-photoshop/

I hope this helps!!!

Helps? Ken your blog is AMAZING. Thank you so very much. I have bookmarked it. :)

Love the Tronna pinnacles photo! :)

Title: Super Sabre Star Tail Star Trails.

The easy way? Download StarStax, which works on PC or Mac.

I mention this in my blog tutorial as well, but this will also tell you how to do it with Photoshop, step by step.

https://kenleephotography.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/photo-tip-5-steps-to-creating-this-star-trails-photo-includes-stacking-in-photoshop/

I hope this helps!!!

Helps? Ken your blog is AMAZING. Thank you so very much. I have bookmarked it. :)

Love the Tronna pinnacles photo! :)

Oh cool, thanks so much! So glad you like it!!! I don't really do tutorials any more on the blog, unfortunately, because it was such a huge time-suck. But I do post photos every week, and sometimes, more than that.

I have some big news, I won a photography contest that Wix and Viewbug were sponsoring. Giving the wife a new Macbook Air.

I know you're talented, so this isn't a surprise, but congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm sure she's going to be encouraging you to win more contests if this is the payoff every time.

I love your 'Girl in the rock pool' photo a lot Mike :)

Brett

Thanks but that one is not mine. My images are the first three (and header) images on the page. ;)

The contest was to create a Photography Portfolio website using Wix. Here is the site I made:

http://mikemmartin.wix.com/mmartin-photography

-Mike Martin

Casio

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I've said it once before in this thread and I'll say it again: damn, the US is a beautiful country. I'll see it one day...

I hope so. It's a large country, and it is really beautiful, with a lot of diversity.

Here's one of the most famous places in our country, the Grand Canyon, here shown during a lightning storm, Mother Nature's light show.

6460kenlee-201506-29-2136_arizona-grandcanyon-lipanpoint-storm-foreground-52sf35iso500-3850k-sky-30sf4iso500-1000px.jpg

Wow....that's amazing, Ken! Not to mention a little hazardous. Right out of a good sci-fi movie.

Thanks so much, everyone!

And....I laugh in the face of danger.

Actually....the storm was so far away that most of the time, we couldn't even hear the lightning. But I'd rather you thought I was a daredevil photographer. Yes. That's right. I was also dangling over the canyon, hanging on to a tree branch, while taking this shot, yes I was!!!! :D

I said it on facebook but I'll say it again: congrats Mike! Not only are the photos great but your site is clean and nicely laid out too. A well-deserved victory!

Wow....that's amazing, Ken! Not to mention a little hazardous. Right out of a good sci-fi movie.

Actually....the storm was so far away that most of the time, we couldn't even hear the lightning. But I'd rather you thought I was a daredevil photographer. Yes. That's right. I was also dangling over the canyon, hanging on to a tree branch, while taking this shot, yes I was!!!! :D

Beyond impressed this time.......... both by the jaw droppingly beautiful photo, and it's bold creator: Courageous Ken & his fearless footage..... ;)

Henceforth you shall be known as KenIntrepidShadows....... :D

Beyond impressed this time.......... both by the jaw droppingly beautiful photo, and it's bold creator: Courageous Ken & his fearless footage..... ;)

Henceforth you shall be known as KenIntrepidShadows....... :D

Oh, wow, a nickname!!! Thanks so much!!!

One for today, this one the spectacular Mission San Xavier Del Bac in Tucson, AZ. I happened to notice that there was this spectacular sunset, one so beautiful it drew the locals out, I managed to get there in time to witness the sun lighting up the interior of the towers in this jaw-dropping manner.

6972kenlee-2015-07-05-1930_arizona-sunset-sanxavierdelbac-hdr-keystonecorrection-1000px2.jpg

www.facebook.com/kenlepehotography

Quick!!! Ken is featured on the National Geographic People page:

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/people/

-Mike Martin

Casio

Thank you very much!!!!

In case it changes tomorrow or whenever, here's a photo. Anyway, what's flattering is that it's not just one photo they are featuring, but the whole gallery I've uploaded, so it's beyond flattering.

national-geographic-your-shot-screen-shot-2015-07-22-at-5-46-09-pm-1100pxforweb.jpg

Oh, as a bonus, my new shot has reached "Upcoming" on 500px.com, and I thought I'd share it with you, seeing as it's all high-res and all that. This is Brush Creek Falls in beautiful West Virginia, USA. Thanks!!!

https://500px.com/photo/115849337/almost-heaven-by-ken-lee?utm_campaign=photo_reached_upcoming&utm_content=textlink&utm_medium=email&utm_source=500px&utm_term=notification