Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The diversity of this forum

J. Dan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's even a violin player. No one knows why.

Apparently, I'm the only person in the history of mankind who plays more than one instrument. ;)

PS- you shoulda heard me play bass guitar in the 80s. I had some serious chops. :rawk:

Cygnus64 thought the term Axe for a bass was in fact a hatchet on steroids so he took the term literally and chopped down a Cherry tree much like his hero, George Washington.

Hows that for a run-on sentence?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

...we have experience and expertise here from every perspective you can imagine. I find that invaluable.

Yeah, I hate to generalize, but the posts on this keyboard forum, while perhaps more snarky than the average on several guitar forum's I've visited, are a LOT higher in concrete helpfulness and IQ. What does that say about keyboard players?

...we have experience and expertise here from every perspective you can imagine. I find that invaluable.

Yeah, I hate to generalize, but the posts on this keyboard forum, while perhaps more snarky than the average on several guitar forum's I've visited, are a LOT higher in concrete helpfulness and IQ. What does that say about keyboard players?

... Does it say that we have more time to read books as the guitar players are busy with all the groupies?? Nah.. just says we are better multitaskers.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

the posts on this keyboard forum, while perhaps more snarky than the average on several guitar forum's I've visited, are a LOT higher in concrete helpfulness

Concrete is our specialty. :laugh:

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/how-is-concrete-made-3.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Generally, snarky comments are well deserved in the forum, addressed to people who either don't research, search previous posts, do not introduce themselves, or generally come across as dicks.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

There's even a violin player. No one knows why.

At least 2 people for whom guitar is their primary instrument, too. I'm one of them. :D

SECURITY!!!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

There may be some who disagree, but I actually think that this forum is much better than it was a year ago.. I think that the membership is much more tolerant of different opinions, and newbees, and there are far less obvious biases. There is also a lot less sarcasm and RTFM type comments, and a lot more helpfulness in general.

I gotta agree with Craig's comments in this regard. The forum has come along way in this regard from when I first started hanging out around here.

The SpaceNorman :freak:

I don't look at it as a progression, but more of an ebb and flow. Day to day, it can be better or worse. Same goes year over year. Point is, overall, I consider it it the best resource (in general, to contradict myself on another thread) on the net.

There are caveats. Sometimes, there is something very specific to the Kronos that I can get answered on the korg forum - there are folks there that dive deep into the features that folks here just don't use. BUT, if ANYBODY here uses that feature, I'll get a better, more thorough, quicker answer here. I see some folks on both forums (I don't think they realize since I have different names), but even the same people seem more personal with better contributions here.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Sometimes, there is something very specific to the Kronos that I can get answered on the korg forum - there are folks there that dive deep into the features that folks here just don't use. BUT, if ANYBODY here uses that feature, I'll get a better, more thorough, quicker answer here. I see some folks on both forums (I don't think they realize since I have different names), but even the same people seem more personal with better contributions here.

+1

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived