Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP4 owners: how's it working for you in mono?

Aidan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Btw, spent the afternoon rehearsing for a gig tonight and was once more strongly reminded how bloody good the Stage sounds, despite some shortcomings in touch. A velocity curve update could easily tip the balance the other way.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Btw, spent the afternoon rehearsing for a gig tonight and was once more strongly reminded how bloody good the Stage sounds, despite some shortcomings in touch. A velocity curve update could easily tip the balance the other way.

The Nord sample set for piano is very strong. I bought my Stage 2, 76 primarily for organ / synth, 2nd tier; secondary use was as a compact, stage piano / ep. It's posted in the Garage Sale here - as I've converted my Kronos 88 to a 61, and will be using that as my main clonewheel / synth, 2nd tier. For my taste I find the updated, Kronos organ engine closer to the Hammond vibe than the C2 engine in the Stage.

If Nord offered a velocity curve upgrade - as part of a Stage 2 OS update - I might consider picking up a Stage 2 88, as I'm in the market for a compact, lighter stage piano / synth hybrid. Though I have had my eye more on the CP4 for that application. There's some slight intrigue from the Artis, as well; it looks like a very expressive, dynamic, and versatile stage keyboard. But the quality and variety of ep and piano coverage in the CP4, the apparent high playability, and the size and weight are all very appealing. Just need to work out a way to get down to Denver to play one (just found out there's a CP4 waiting there to check out ); it's a little trickier now - being a caretaker at home.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived