Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A few Mojo questions....

spanner

I have a Crumar Mojo and notice that the headphone volume is relatively low regardless of which headphones I use even at max level.

Also, the overdrive does not kick in until the very last "notch" on the dial and then sounds pretty awful.

Question: is this normal? I have updated the mojo to latest firmware but have not tweaked any settings. This is my second unit and is relatively new to me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I got my mojo, about 18 months ago if I recall correctly, the headphone output was very hot and it was actually distorting slightly.. It turns out that setting this level up or down was pretty easy, and I turned mine down a touch and it was fine. The control for the headphone level wasn't part of the editor program it's a windows setting.. I can't recall of hand if it's in the "sound" parameters or part of the driver settings for the audio card.. but it's one of those two areas.. You might want to take a look yourself. If you have a display and mouse attached to your Mojo it's pretty easy to do.

I'm not sure what to say about the overdrive.. it certainly should not work as you've described it.. You should probably have a look at the settings for it in the windows editor.. again hook up a display if you can.. I heard of someone else who got their Mojo, and the volume control wasn't working (it was stuck on full) and it turned out that a wire had fallen off the pot in transit.. perhaps something similar has happened with your overdrive knob.

First thing you should do is contact Crumar support rather than posting here.. They are VERY quick to respond (although following their sale I'm sure they are receiving a lot of questions).. if you post here you'll probably get our best guess, but if you send them a note you will get an answer, and an action plan..

Last but not least, there is a Mojo users group on Yahoo.. it's called mojomusicians and it covers, the VB3 program, the Burn leslie sim, and the Mojo itself. You should probably sign up there if you haven't already.. there are over 150 members now, and lots of experience there.. both Andrea and Guido from Crumar participate as does and the author of the english users manual etc..

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Last but not least, there is a Mojo users group on Yahoo.. it's called mojomusicians and it covers, the VB3 program, the Burn leslie sim, and the Mojo itself. You should probably sign up there if you haven't already.. there are over 150 members now, and lots of experience there.. both Andrea and Guido from Crumar participate as does and the author of the english users manual etc..

It's a great group, but those guys show up here from time to time as well. Just sayin'. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's a great group, but those guys show up here from time to time as well. Just sayin'. :)
That's true Joe.. However, I think that their participation on the forum that is dedicated to their products, is probably a little more significant.. just sayin' ;-) and there are lot's of Mojo owners over there as well that can help.. (lot's here too..!!)

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from Keyboard Corner, I enjoy and appreciate the forums here. A lot of us participate in multiple forums and value them all.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update:

I managed to hook my mojo up to a monitor and managed to improve the overdrive to my taste (od2) and reduced the cabinet value which gave me a perception of more volume.

To be honest it sounds great.

I am still having a few problems with my power switch but andreas at Crumar has been fantastic and I hope to have that resolved soon.

In the meantime I had also invested in a Nord Stage Classic, Casio xw-p1, Galileo for the I-pad and a Nord C2d!!!

i do not intend to keep all of these however

In the meantime I had also invested in a Nord Stage Classic, Casio xw-p1, Galileo for the I-pad and a Nord C2d!!!

i do not intend to keep all of these however

You win the lottery then?

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

No lottery win unfortunately, but I have sold a lot of unused equipment.

My plan is to drastically cut back my GAS this year but I want to get gear that I will keep for the long haul so I can concentrate on actually making music rather than nerding on forums etc.

Begining to panic though as my attic is full of keyboards/ guitars and amps.

Archived