Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Twister Stand

Losendoskeys

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having started this thread I have to say the spinning thing makes no sense to me whatsoever, indeed it could look cheesy IMHO.

But the up and down capability I see the point of.

Thats why I have the Solidstand.

Also I'm not playing spinning round type of music I guess!

There are 2 ways to look at the motion you can do. One, is the "Journey-esque" spinning of the keyboard around in circles. The other is the Jordan-Rudess-esque style of simply being able to move left and right a little bit. You could make the argument that any movement on stage other than standing perfectly still playing your instrument is "cheesy flair"...but a guitar player leaning back a bit when hitting their solo peak, or a bass player coming up front to take a solo, or a member of the band being able to actually move to look at another member they are doing dueling solos with - all stuff I see as good stage presence.

I definitely agree that spinning the keys is cheesy...(I don't do it) - although it does have its place with some 80's cover bands! But being able to turn left and right can add a nice touch to a keyboard stage setup.

Its nice to not have to twist your neck 120 degrees just to look at your drummer =)

Moving isn't an option in a Genesis tribute!

As I'm "imitating" Tony Banks looking at my keyboards, nodding my head and occasionally looking grumpy is about as far as my movement is concerned.......... ;)

Plus I have seven pedals under my keyboards and that stand wouldn't have the space.... ;)

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Here you go.

[video:youtube]

Wow - last I saw Greg Lake he was only three stones overweight... :o

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Archived