Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any powered speaker or keyboard amp with overdrive or ampsim

To B3

Other than the late motion sound kt80, is there something with multiple INs, a good speaker size (and tweeters), light weight with a decent overdrive/preamp gain (even if it's transistorized) on one of the channels?

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not use something outboard inline with that channel? That would really open up your options.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

mate_stubb, the only line 6 amp that meets those requirements is the jam 75 w. Cant find one where I live tho... (Brazil)... and those specialty items are pretty expensive around here, i was hoping to find something more simple with built in dsp, things like that...

Just Dan, yes, I can use something outboard, but I'm trying to see if there's something stand alone in those lines... less gear, less cables, less power cables, etc...

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

No. Nothing that is cheap. Anything good is going to cost money. You can try the Traynor K4 but you may even be disappointed with the punch you get from those small speakers. The stereo imaging may wash out your punch leaving you less than satisfied.

I would do what Dan suggests. Get some sort of in line modeller for the channel you want. A Vox or Fender Mustang Floor or Line6 POD thingy etc... This would be the easiest. Maybe you can run a mic preamp inline with what ever you want to overdrive get good enough results. Something like the ART or an old Blue Tube. This will take experimentation.

If you are already running software then what I would really do is get amp modeling software. I think this may be your best bet if you are willing to run a laptop. Something like Amplitude or ReValver. There is free software available also that may do what you want. This means using a laptop and interface or something like the Peavey MuseBox which comes with Revalver. But that cost money also.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived