Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Fantasy Football 2013

Dave Bryce

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I look forward to you guys kicking my arse. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

False humility will garner no sympathy from this crowd. :evil:

Well, I'm not hustling you. I've never played a fantasy league before and only have a vague idea what I'll be doing.

At least I don't have to come up with a couple of seven or eight letter words to beat you, Griff. ;)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, I'm not hustling you. I've never played a fantasy league before and only have a vague idea what I'll be doing.

At least I don't have to come up with a couple of seven or eight letter words to beat you, Griff. ;)

HA!

BTW - I haven't been able to get that damned game to load at all on FB lately. The mobile app working?

BTW - I haven't been able to get that damned game to load at all on FB lately. The mobile app working?
I didn't bug you because I presumed that you were busy. Yeah, I play on my iPad almost exclusively, and it's been fine.

If you can do nothing else except remember to set your lineups every week with non-injured players, you'll do just fine Joe. Knowledge helps, but in the end it's mostly about luck with fantasy sports.
Cool. Hopefully this thread will stay active and remind my sorry arse.

First thing to know Joe - these guys actually care about fantasy. Second thing to know - caring about fantasy radically changes your relationship with football. That may work for Raiders fans and Pats fans who know their teams have absolutely zero chance of actually winning a Super Bowl anytime soon, but for Texans fans and Colts fans, it's just wasted energy. Enjoy it, but don't actually invest too much emotion in it.... :laugh:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

http://blue-funk.com/NonBandPictures/smileys/laughing.gif

First thing to know Joe - these guys actually care about fantasy. Second thing to know - caring about fantasy radically changes your relationship with football. That may work for Raiders fans and Pats fans who know their teams have absolutely zero chance of actually winning a Super Bowl anytime soon, but for Texans fans and Colts fans, it's just wasted energy. Enjoy it, but don't actually invest too much emotion in it.... :laugh:

:D

I'd love to see how many people in this room would lay money on the Colts winning another SB before the Pats...

Just confirming, the draft is at 7 AM EST? You California people are always sticking it to the East Coast guys. This is like ESPN scheduling a Kentucky - Duke basketball game for 10 PM EST, AFTER a UCLA - Airizona game. (They actually seem to schedule a lot of east coast games later than west coast games.) :taz::facepalm::P

:)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Pretty sure the 7am thing must be a typo...4 AM PDT?

Just confirming, the draft is at 7 AM EST? You California people are always sticking it to the East Coast guys. This is like ESPN scheduling a Kentucky - Duke basketball game for 10 PM EST, AFTER a UCLA - Airizona game. (They actually seem to schedule a lot of east coast games later than west coast games.) :taz::facepalm::P

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

My Yahoo page says 10 AM PDT. And by the way, I'm just poking, not ranting. 7 AM EST is actually a good time for me. I'm usually up about that time fixing breakfast. Football and breakfast is a nice way to start a Sunday. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

My Yahoo page says 10 AM PDT. And by the way, I'm just poking, not ranting. 7 AM EST is actually a good time for me. I'm usually up about that time fixing breakfast. Football and breakfast is a nice way to start a Sunday. :)

You've got it backward.

10am PDT = 1pm EST...

I'm going to be away on vacation that weekend, and may or may not have time and/or internet available, so it looks like I'll have to explore auto draft options. Has anyone done auto with Yahoo and can give me any tips? On ESPN, for instance, you can specify the order in which you draft positions (like, say, draft a QB in the first round, WR in the second round, etc). Can you do that on Yahoo, or can you only set your overall player rankings?

I did quite well last year with the Yahoo audodrafting my team. At leat, I did quite well until the end of the season. I had Eli Manning and Chicago defense. Both of which tanked the last few games of the regular season.

Hell, I rode RG3 nearly to a championship until he blew his knee...

Don't even talk to me about injuries. I had my WR1 go down in the first ten minutes of the season, right after scoring a beautiful touchdown (Garcon)...and then the RB injuries started.... :rolleyes:

Bridog - if there's a way to choose to order, I can't find it. Rankings only, as far as I can tell...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Don't even talk to me about injuries. I had my WR1 go down in the first ten minutes of the season, right after scoring a beautiful touchdown (Garcon)...and then the RB injuries started.... :rolleyes:

Bridog - if there's a way to choose to order, I can't find it. Rankings only, as far as I can tell...

dB

Yeah, except I was dominating the league until that happened, and then the wheels fell right off the cart...

Yeah, except I was dominating the league until that happened, and then the wheels fell right off the cart...

You poor thing..... :D

I can't feel too bad - you were spared the bummer of carrying an injured player for 8+ weeks hoping he'd come back. That was no fun....and I had Ahmad Bradshaw, too - some weeks, he played, some weeks he sat. Argh. :facepalm:

It doesn't matter when you get the injuries to key players - they almost always suck (especially if youre in a deep league with no reserve players to speak of). If your "domination" of a league is because of one player, then you were just lucky...like, y'know, getting first pick in the draft. ;):poke:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived