Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT One down, one to go

Fred_C

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about a hip-hip-hooray for all of the law enforcement folks involved! Shoot to kill, no need for a long expensive trial. Time to tighten up the borders a tad but let's not overreact.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Not only was an officer killed, it looks like these guys were on a spree.

--Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was wearing explosives and a triggering device when he died at the hospital.

--The search for them followed a violent night in which authorities say the men allegedly hurled explosives at pursuers after killing Massachusetts Institute of Technology police Officer Sean Collier, robbing a convenience store and hijacking a car. Tsarnaev was shot while being pursued post-carjacking while shooting at and throwing explosives at police, killing one officer.

While I would have preferred arrest & trial, I'm not shedding any tears. At some point, personal responsibility has to kick in. This time, it was at the end of a gun barrel as opposed to a trial. I have a feeling he would not have been shot at (and hit) had he not been squirting lead and bombs about.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Didn't I tell you, Larry? Dog food.

Anybody care to bet a buck that the other guy resists arrest and has to be shot dead as well?

I'm glad they caught up with them and very sorry for law enforcement whenever they lose one. I think in this case, I would like to have seen them both taken alive (which may not be possible). There is more to this story and we need to see who else is involved in the Russian connection and if there are others involved here in the States, that we won't find out about if the second one dies...

Take care, Larryz

They were both naturalized citizens... tightening the borders doesn't make much sense as a reaction... they passed scrutiny enough to become citizens.

they both hated Russia... look into Chechnya and its recent history with Russia, treatment of Chechans by Russia. They sought protective asylum here.

We'll have to wait and see what this is about, but it doesn't seem like a simplistic thing.

Can't believe everything you hear on the news but the older brother was reported as flying from the US and living for 6 months last year in Russia...seeking asylum could be a ruse and only one of them was reported as being born in Chechnya. +1 on we'll have to wait and see...

ps. now they just reported neither one of them were born in Chechnya...back to wait and see...

Take care, Larryz

According to their uncle(no love lost THERE), they've never even BEEN to Chechnya. Everyone they talked to who knew them said they seemed to be the furthest kind of people to do this. Even though they were Muslim, there seems to be no connection to their act and Muslim sponsored terrorism. Whatever motive drove them is something I'm interested in learning.

My biggest fear now is, someday they'll over-dramatize this in a movie, and Mark Wahlberg, Boston's most shameless cheerleader, will have a starring role.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Glad they took the second one in alive and hope he can shed some light on who their friends are/were...Very happy for the people of Boston who can get back to their normal lives. Very sorry for those who lost their lives and those that were injured in the blast.
Take care, Larryz

Those terrorists have no knowledge of basic arithmetic. 3,000+ died on 911, millions of theirs died in the Afghanistan & Iraq wars. The kill ratio is so overwhelmingly in our favor as to be ridiculous. I think those guys need basic arithmetic training, and maybe logic will ensue. Kill Americans and we will come together and wipe your a**es out. I hope they get it sooner or later, because I don't like violence a single bit. But self defense is a whole other thing and we do real good at self defense.....

I don't remember which comedian said it, but in response to terrorist organizations that have threatened to use The Bomb if they ever get it, he pointed out that, not only do WE have it already, we've used it.

TWICE.*

On the whole, Americans are relatively peaceful and slow to anger. But we also have a very strong xenophobic/isolationist streak, and if we feel attacked, its kind of like playing soccer with a killer bee hive.

To this day, I remember the ashen look on Yassir Arafat's face when the towers fell. He knew how we would react, and despite his dark history, he was mortally afraid.

* and some of the other [conventional weapon /i]strikes during the war were equally devastating, like the bombing of Dresden.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I believe these guys were TOOLS. Yes they were definitely terrorist punks - but they were doing what others (cowards) directed them to do. When this is all said and done I think these two will turn out to be just the edge of a much larger network.

What bothers me is that when something like this happens, the Muslim population in general does not speak out to CONDEMN this murderous behavior. I believe that is why many feel suspicious when they are around. Me included.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Muslims DO condemn them, but the moderates are often drowned out by the clamor of the extremists. See also Republicans, Democrats, the NRA, Catholics and any other large organization.

And the media goes where the noise is.

Muslims DO condemn them, but the moderates are often drowned out by the clamor of the extremists. See also Republicans, Democrats, the NRA, Catholics and any other large organization.

And the media goes where the noise is.

Hey Danny,

Sorry, I can't buy it. While it is undoubtedly true that in most instances, it is the party line of large organizations that gets media attention, there are significant exceptions. For example, the catholic nuns who continue with their noble efforts despite raising the ire of the catholic hierarchy. Or, senator Pat Toomey, who I believe co-authored a bill to enhance gun control through increased background checks. I am sure there are other examples.

On the other hand, I hear NOTHING from the "moderates" within the Muslim community. Not a syllable. As a matter of fact, I have not seen much evidence that the "moderate Muslim community" even exists. This may be due at least in part to the whole "if they won't convert to Islam they must die" mentality and probably to the "26 virgins" thing. You certainly wouldn't want to screw that up (so to speak, no pun intended). Although given the limitless expanse of time we define as "eternity", it seems to me that you could probably go through 26 in a fairly finite period. So, what do you do for the rest of eternity? Shoot pool? Toss darts? Play chess? Smoke your hookah?

Sorry, my friend. I can't buy it.

Regards.

If you play cool, you are cool.

Archived