Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EV ZXA1 heat question

HAMEGZ

To the users of the ZXA1, does the rear panel get very warm under use? I just purchased a ZXA1 as a keyboard monitor and it lasted two hours on a gig and stopped producing sound. Power was still on, but not a peep.I turned it off for 5 minutes and it started working again for about 15 minutes, then quit again. The rear panel was warm. I realize its convection cooling, so this may be normal.

It on its way back to the dealer for a replacement.

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets a little warm. But not really hot.

I run them two nights a week for 4-5 hours continous time periods and have never had a thermal shutdown. I wonder about how they will do this summer at all the outdoor event we have booked.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

well this was real warm. I was running it wide open, it is not as loud as my K10, but as everyone says, the Acoustic Piano patches sound lots better through the EV.No LH bass patches or bass heavy stuff, just bread and butter patches, but I am submixing my keys , my vocals, and band vocals thru it. From what I read in other threads, that shouldn't be an issue.

I just hope it was a defective unit.

SpaceStation V3,

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

It's probably a faulty unit - I've been running mine for hours at loud volumes - never any problems.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

thanks guys for the reply's. The salesman said he hadn't had any issues like mine with the EV, so maybe it was a Monday build.

SpaceStation V3,

Archived