Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

neo ventilator

lsj

well after going through this site and asking questions, I finally ordered the vent. any advice as to favorite settings on the vent and the sk1? I'm assuming the internal leslie on the sk1 should be turned off. I am running my sk1 through a mixer and then to a bose L1 with two bose bass cabinets. thank you in advance. hope I made a good purchase.....Larry

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, internal Leslie AND Overdrive should definitely be shut off. I'd start with all dials at 12 O'Clock and adjust to taste as some settings make it sound more like a 122 and others like a 147,etc. If you have a real Leslie, A/B to it. It's fun to do that, sounds great,particularly in stereo, and you are going to love it!

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

Agreed - start with everything at 12 o'clock and go from there. I find that I run the acceleration about 2 o'clock, the drive around 1 o'clock, and the distance about 3 o'clock (it really "pounds" if at noon or lower).

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Spd 8-9

Acc 7

Bal 12

Drv11-1

Dst 3

Slower speed for jazz, faster with more drive for blues-rock. I like a slow, but not sick, leslie.

John

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

Archived