Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord stage 2 midi as a controller volume issues

pianokeys60

I have a nord stage 2,midi out to a motif,and my yamaha fc7 expression pedal is plugged in to the nord,and it controls the volume on my motif xs6... no problem until, when i try to change patches on my motif, the nord sends a volume message making the motif volume

full blast....any help from yall(yes I'm from Texas)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how this works with NORD and yammy, but with my Kurzweil you can set an entry/exit value so that when you change patches the volume is intiated with the entry value. Not sure if your NORD supports some variation of an entry/exit values. you might want to poke around.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I have a nord stage 2,midi out to a motif,and my yamaha fc7 expression pedal is plugged in to the nord,and it controls the volume on my motif xs6... no problem until, when i try to change patches on my motif, the nord sends a volume message making the motif volume

Trying to understand how you have things connected. Is the Motif MIDIed back into the Nord? If so, why? If not, there is no way the Nord would know about the patch change so there's no way it would be sending anything out it's MIDI port with the patch change that's happening on the Motif.

Busch.

AFAIK, the Nord should not be sending any volume message (unless you have programmed its EXT function to do so). However, when the Motif gets a Program Change message, it normally goes to the selected sound at its full programmed volume. That is, the same thing would happen if the FC7 were plugged directly into the XS6 and you changed programs right on that board. However, there is a setting that can alter this behavior. Check:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/463436/#548376

(edit: sorry if the way I put it there was unclear... I was confused about whether you were changing patches on your Motif using the Motif's own panel or via MIDI... but regardless, the answer is the same.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

AFAIK, the Nord should not be sending any volume message (unless you have programmed its EXT function to do so). However, when the Motif gets a Program Change message, it normally goes to the selected sound at its full programmed volume. That is, the same thing would happen if the FC7 were plugged directly into the XS6 and you changed programs right on that board. However, there is a setting that can alter this behavior. Check:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/463436/#548376

this will be the solution.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks I now have a different problem with a different keyboard..This is a Nord piano 2 (latest op syst ver 1.08)midi out to a motif 6 xs. when i transpose,or global transpose on the nord, the motif will not catch the transposition....I contacted nord via email tech support and they are looking into it...

Archived