Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A pretty good deal

Fred_C

Hi Gents,

I've been thinking about a true hollow body design for a while now. One of the reasonably priced instruments I've been considering has been the Ibanez AF125 ($1000.00 incl. case). I went to MF this morning and found out that the AF125 had been discontinued. They had 3 "slightly used" instruments for $799.00 I told them that this would be a fair price if the instruments were "New Old Stock" (brand new but discontinued). I said that these instruments were USED and therefore worth less. Got the guitar for $699.00!! A good deal, I think. It should be here here Thursday or Friday. I think this will probably complete my collection.

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caevan,

I am tech stupid. I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that. English Major, remember? Not a math/science guy. Tried Copy/Paste, no go.

http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/18/999/167/324/DV016_Jpg_Large_518128005267007_USD1.jpg

Damn.......just beat me to it!!!

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Oh my gawsh what a BEAUTIFUL Jazz Box! :cool:

And what a KILLER deal! :rawk:

Hey Caevan and Whitefang,

Thanks! She really is pretty Isn't she? I think we're gonna' make beautiful music together.

I said that these instruments were USED and therefore worth less. Got the guitar for $699.00!!

Great tactic Fred - everybody knows "used guitars" are worthless pieces of junk! :laugh:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

I said that these instruments were USED and therefore worth less. Got the guitar for $699.00!!

Great tactic Fred - everybody knows "used guitars" are worthless pieces of junk! :laugh:

"You don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

-Unknown

"When I'm selling, it's gold. When I'm buying, it's shit."

- Me

:laugh:;)

I'll add a pretty good deal to this thread, if that's okay?

I picked one of these up last time the sale happened.

MXR smartgate pedal at Amazon for $59.99, via the Effects Bay email list.

http://www.effectsbay.com/2013/02/good-deal-alert-mxr-m135-smart-gate/

It takes the hum out of my teles, I haven't had a chance to put it with the Danelectro (lipstick pickups) and a compressor, which I usually have to man a volume pedal between songs to stop from driving everybody crazy.

:) :) :)Hi Gents,

The Ibanez arrived today. I opened it and was truly overwhelmed. The aesthetics were absolutely breathtaking! The pictures that Geoff and P90 were kind enough to post for me do not do the instrument justice. The quilt is gorgeous (it's a laminate, I'm sure). The binding looks like maple as well. The inlay is made up of abalone blocks with a single MOP slash through them. All in all, very well executed.

I strummed a few acoustic chords. Acoustic sound is just okay. But, that's fine, because I like to hear the sound of my guitar amplified, anyway. When I plugged her in, the tone was really wonderful. Full, nicely defined and liquid with that woodiness that you get with a hollow body. Guys, this is exactly the tone I've been searching for. Playability is top shelf, although I will need to take some time to get used to the neck. This guitar, like my Epi Sheraton, looks, sounds and plays like a $2k+ instrument. I am extremely happy with my new axe. :) :) :)

Archived