Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Met Dr. Fink over the weekend..

blong5150

I got a call from one of the venues I play on a regular basis. 'The Purple Experience' (Prince Tribute) was playing and Dr. Fink (actual Prince keyboard player from the 80s) needed to borrow some of my equipment. Anyway, I hooked him up... nice guy. Had him autograph my keyboard stand at the end of the night.
Roland Jupiter 80, Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOXF6, Nektar Impact LX61, Macbook Air

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep - And since the question will probably come up... He used the factory sounds of a Yamaha MO8 on bottom (piano and such) and used the OP-X II Pro software running on his MacBook connected to a 61-Key on top for the synth sounds.
Roland Jupiter 80, Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOXF6, Nektar Impact LX61, Macbook Air

Wait...so Matt "Dr" Fink went from playing with Prince to playing in a Price tribute band?
Tragic. I'd gracefully retire. To be fair though, he's gotta eat...

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Yep - And since the question will probably come up... He used the factory sounds of a Yamaha MO8 on bottom (piano and such) and used the OP-X II Pro software running on his MacBook connected to a 61-Key on top for the synth sounds.

Cool. That goes to my trick list in case I'm doing gigs that require a lot of Oberheim patches. Like early day Prince music.

Wait...so Matt "Dr" Fink went from playing with Prince to playing in a Pri(n)ce tribute band?

Considering the level of talent these folks possess and the work it takes to pull off a tribute, they should be able to come up with an original act. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Wait...so Matt "Dr" Fink went from playing with Prince to playing in a Pri(n)ce tribute band?

Considering the level of talent these folks possess and the work it takes to pull off a tribute, they should be able to come up with an original act. :cool:

Yes but today it's hard to get gigs with original music, unless you are marketed by your looks.

Archived