Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Just In......PX-5S

unclebyron

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is by no means a great demo but don't sound too bad considering I just sat down with a factory preset, moved a couple of sliders and hit record

http://soundcloud.com/stephen-leblanc-1/super

Believe it or not, I'd never tried to play this song before in my life...but hearing song so many times over that life, felt like I'd played it before.

Happy Thursday

this is by no means a great demo but don't sound too bad considering I just sat down with a factory preset, moved a couple of sliders and hit record

Believe it or not, I'd never tried to play this song before in my life...but hearing song so many times over that life, felt like I'd played it before.

Happy Thursday

Nice job! Which preset is that?

Casio PX-5S...StudioLogic VMK 161 Organ Plus...

Happy Thursday

Nice job! Which preset is that?

I think it was "BalladPnoLayer"

Rodger Hodgson live with just a sax player on Youtube was my inspiration

Man.. just buy some AA batteries cheapskate! :crazy:

It's the batteries that started it! Anything which takes 12v and runs on batteries sooner or later will get hooked up to an accessory socket, for good or ill.

It's the batteries that started it! Anything which takes 12v and runs on batteries sooner or later will get hooked up to an accessory socket, for good or ill.

Well, I for one am running mine off a series

of potato batteries!

http://www.jamieshannon.ca/projects/battery/battery01.jpg

I tend to agree. 12v from only 8 AA's ain't gonna get you thru the night unless you plan on buying in bulk! I'm trying to think of different uses for the battery bay, myself. If power goes out at a gig for me, no one else can play anyway, so it's break time!

Kurzweil PC4, NS3-88, Kronos 2-61, QSC K8.2's.

Backup thumbdrives???

:thu: Bingo!! Leaves to go try it....Yup! That'll do the trick.

LMFAO... better than...

joints

Leaves to go try it

what was I trying??????? :cool:

Got the Privia case today for the PX-5S, looked flimsy but it's actually pretty tight with the unit inside and it 's always a compromise between lots of protection = heavy and less protection = easier to carry. What I do with soft cases is to wrap the top of the keyboard with a thick towel so there's a little bit more protection for the keys.

Hi

I have read english manual and subject "recordind phrases".

It explains that you can record many phrases that you can paste into one of the eigth tracks to create a song.

This internal recording method is probably the best as it records notes and any settings from keyboard.

But i wonder how i can listen to several phrases together when i want to record another phrase ?

Has anyone answer to this question ?

I know that i can use an external sequencer by connecting PX-5S to a computer but this external sequencer will not be able to record any settings from PX-5S because they are not included in GM1 system (General Midi 1).

So i would really like to understand how to record a complete song with px-5s sequencer or computer sequencer ?

If anyone has experimented these 2 methods, thanks a lot for reply.

Using the song mode on the PX-5S to chain phrases together is actually an area that I haven't even used yet.

There are some aspects like drum patterns when the internal phrase sequencer will be convenient but the PX-5S is NOT a workstation. Using a computer will be a better solution.

You can use a computer sequencer to access ALL the tones on the PX-5S not just the GM soundset, you simply have to use a bank and program change.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I decided to record some of my "free form"

playing today on the Px5s to test the

sustain, resonance and harmonics for

my "new age" pieces.

The sustain on the "MODERN GRAND"

preset is amazing so I used that.

I kept the pedal fully depressed

for the entire time to really test

the 256-polyphony.

(If you listen with headphones you

can really hear the resonance.)

Hi

I live in France and i read all news about px-5s because i really believe in Casio keyboards since Pivia keyboard like PX-350.

PX-5S is significantly higher than PX-350 with its other sounds (not pianos that are very good on PX-350 too) but with all other sounds and all possible combinations.

Just one more question about using Computer Sequencer if you agree :

As you say, every tone can be accessed with good bank but is it possible to record Reverb, wheel, pedal and others as with Internal Phrase Sequencer ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

When i see "Mike Martin" on so many Casio Forums, i am also impressed by all that awesome work you do for Casio.

When i see "Mike Martin" on so many Casio Forums, i am also impressed by all that awesome work you do for Casio.

I think other manufactures (if they are smart)

will take notice and act accordingly. I was

about to drop $3500 on a Yamaha Motif X8

but decided to invest in a Px5s and some

software instead...

I NEVER would have

picked a Casio had it not been for Mike's

videos, demos, and support here.

I was about to drop $3500 on a Yamaha Motif X8

but decided to invest in a Px5s and some

software instead...

Funny I was thinking about the same thing. Bought the PX-5S and spent another $400 updating my Komplete Ultimate instead of a XF8.

Casio PX-5S...StudioLogic VMK 161 Organ Plus...

I'm getting tons of more plug-ins via the IM Multimedia Magnum IRig Keys group buy, for $99 an amazing amount. A Laptop+ controller + PX-5S, plenty of sounds now for stage use.

I mainly use piano + ep for "live" use so

lugging a huge workstation for just that

doesn't make sense. If I need "backing"

i will just play it on an ipod thru the

the Px5s!

Just ordered an RCF ART310A self-powered PA speaker for PX-5S use, will arrive in a week, will be interesting so hear how that sounds like. Part of my downsizing-weight project. Need to find a cool new stand now, something that is light but flexible for multi-tier and laptop combinations. The goal is to have something I could carry in with one trip if possible.

I'll like the option of using it with a laptop, but I'll gig with DP plus NE2 (maybe upgrade the NE2 someday).

I currently use the NE2 by itself for rehearsal, but I'm hoping that the PX5S organ is good enough that I can use it alone for rehearsal instead. I do 80% of my organ work with just a few tonebar presets, and if it's even in the ballpark on just 888000000 and a flutey tone, plus Leslie, it'd be good enough for most rehearsals. I play piano more than the other sounds combined, so I'd prefer a decent piano and tolerable organ to what I have, which is the opposite.

I might need to find a gigbag with shoulder straps, so I can carry guitar, gearbag, and PX5S in one trip, for rehearsals. Maybe it's too long for that, but that works great with the NE2. Of course, I could replace my gearbag with a gear backpack. (doh)

The Privia gig bag is pretty good, though it just has a shoulder "sling" as opposed to backpack straps, if that's what you're looking for. I think putting an 88 on your back backpack-style would be too long anyway. You'd either be hitting doorways or your backside with it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Privia gig bag is pretty good, though it just has a shoulder "sling" as opposed to backpack straps, if that's what you're looking for. I think putting an 88 on your back backpack-style would be too long anyway. You'd either be hitting doorways or your backside with it.

I got the Privia bag last week myself from a local dealer. It looked flimsy in store but when I put the PX-5S into it with a good towel on top to cover the keys it's very snug and seems to be fine for most protection, excluding crazy drops and so on. The zippers don't seem to be high standard, though, expect those to break first long term.

Archived