Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Chord/Music help needed

Cygnus64

Any help on this chart will be greatly appreciated. I've already asked for help on the end and got some great help here, thanks again. 3 parts I need to clarify:

1. Beginning: I have no idea what's going on. Does the brass come in as a pickup (I'm in 2) or on beat 2? The whole beginning is fuzzt to me.

2. The 5 chords at 2:56 (Cb C Db D Eb in bass). I know the top is Bb, I can't make out the inner voices.

3. The 5 measures (in 2) at 3:54 I know pretty much what the notes are, I just don't know the names of the chords.

Thanks very much. This is my 37th gospel chart and for me it's the toughest to hear.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. brass in on beat 2 (I'm counting in 4)

2. | / / Bmaj7(6/9) | C7(#9) / Db13(#9) / | D7+(#9) / / Eb9 |

I'll let someone else chime in for #3.

Thanks SO Much Bernmeister! A question on the third chord: Rew the notes Db Cb F Bb? I'm hearing an FB??

1. brass in on beat 2 (I'm counting in 4)

2. | / / Bmaj7(6/9) | C7(#9) / Db13(#9) / | D7+(#9) / / Eb9 |

I'll let someone else chime in for #3.

Thanks SO Much Bernmeister! A question on the third chord: Rew the notes Db Cb F Bb? I'm hearing an FB??

If you're referring to the Db13(#9), your #9 is Fb.

Drummer on this is amazing. Very cool guitar work and nice organ. Singer's good too. But someone should have told them the tune was played out at about 2:15.
"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

Wow!! Killer!! You're right, Steve, it's totally infectious. I love the arrangement.Even the synth horns work.
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

#3: Dbadd9/F Gbmaj7add6 | Ab9sus F(add b9)/A | Bbm7add4 Ab/C

D7+(#9) Cbadd9 | C7(#9) F7+(#9)

Thanks a lot Bourniplus, that was really helpful.

I'd love to see your chart when it's done

I'd be happy to send you a PDF when I'm finished.

I don't have to write the "combo" parts (organ, piano, bass, drums). I make general roadmaps and such for them. I'm responsible for the orchestra and for making a clear conductor's score. One of our guest conductors this year is the MD for EWF, I don't know which charts he's doing.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f183/KabalCD/good.jpg

But someone should have told them the tune was played out at about 2:15.

In concert it will work well. There are 3 soloists and 200 piece choir. the 3 soloists are brothers, they are very good and very charismatic, they could sing the phone book and the audience would love it. :laugh:

Archived