Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XK-1 Draw bar problem?

StanC

Why does my 1' drawbar go silent when percussion is turned on? (Never had a real tone wheel with percussion, so I'm not sure if something is wrong or the XK-1 is mimicking the real thing.)

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does my 1' drawbar go silent when percussion is turned on? (Never had a real tone wheel with percussion, so I'm not sure if something is wrong or the XK-1 is mimicking the real thing.)

It is mimicking the real thing. Think of it as "borrowing" the electronics from one thing in order to do something else.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks! Good to know - won't need a trip to Goffs!

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

You can also turn that off somewhere in the options, but it's how the real hammond behaves.

Oh no, not another thread about whether the XK1 is a real Hammond... ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Oh no, not another thread about whether the XK1 is a real Hammond... ;-)

You mean it's. . . it's. . . not?????????

Stan

Well, when someone says "I play a hammond " an image of a dude playing XK1 isn't really the thing that pops in your mind. I'm aware that hammond is the manufacturer, but that was not the point. The point was one can turn the bloody option off.

Don't nitpick, I love my Xk1. I would love a B3/C3/A100 a wee bit more.

I would also love a real ferrari.

http://ecofriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ferrari_esvie_2_w3EUa_5638.jpg

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

It is mimicking the real thing.

Also, you fell into the same pit one post before me. Your post implies that the XK1 is not the real thing, but I am called out for saying "not a real hammond" :D :D :D

Everything would've been just dandy if I used "thing" instead of "hammond" I guess :D

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Just a BTW, when I started this thread I was careful on my choice of words and used "real tone wheel". Clearly that distinguishes between the Hammonds some call "real" vs. the "imposters" (also affectionately referred to as clones). And my reference to "real thing" in the second sentence was really a call back to the previous sentence. But we still couldn't avoid the debate. . . :laugh:

Stan

Also, you fell into the same pit one post before me. Your post implies that the XK1 is not the real thing, but I am called out for saying "not a real hammond" :D :D :D

Nah. Based on the message I was replying to, "real thing" referred to " a real tone wheel" organ. Good try, though. ;-)

Archived