Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Samson SM10

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but ...

You can use the left jacks.  They accept both phono and xlr inputs.  They are combo jacks not XLR only

FWIW I use channel one as a single mono input while the other inputs run stereo and it works well and comes out both sides as far as I can tell.   I do monitor mono in Shure mix mode and often the FOH is mono.  I play through stereo FOH enough I would hope production front desk would have let me know something was wrong.  Been running this mix of stereo and mono for a few years now.  

I use channel one to accept the input from my Fishman preamp if I am playing acoustic instruments.  I also run channel 5 mono because I use that for a vintage analog monosynth  in mono when I get the urge to bring one out. 

F12956EA-7FC2-4877-A46F-DFFF3CE4FCF7.jpeg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jas Davis said:

Hi, I have one of these mixers and need to use Ch1 as a line input as all other inputs are spoken for. However it appears that the 1/4" jacks on Ch1 (and Ch2) feed the R output only, consistent with the labels but does anyone know if this line input can be made to output across L & R outs instead of R only? The labels on the back of the unit show the XLR as L/MONO and jack as R, what would be the use of a line input that fed one output channel only? I have contacted support and await their response.

The L/MONO inputs on the Samson are XLR/jack combo sockets aren't they? You can connect a 1/4" jack into the big XLR-looking socket. 

I think Samson expect you to use the XLR/jack combo for mono sources (1/4" or XLR), and if you want stereo,  you use the combo for L, and the accompanying 1/4" socket for R. 

Cheers, Mike.