Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Look what i got

simus35

I just got this nice 32 years old baby

Epiphone Genesis Custom 1980 in very good cond.

I can tell you this baby can kill any new Gibson Les paul STD or TRD. this guitar have a killer sustain and of course almost 15 pound too.

here some pic

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00699.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00698.jpg

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can tell you this baby can kill any new Gibson Les paul STD...

If your Gibson has an STD, you really need to change the way you live!

;)

Looks nice, though! Happy New Gear!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I can tell you this baby can kill any new Gibson Les paul STD...

If your Gibson has an STD, you really need to change the way you live!

;)

Looks nice, though! Happy New Gear!

STD for Standard

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

to fred

is just hard to me to find when someone is joking, because English is not my first language. sometime i will laught at some joke because i think is funny, but i'm the only one

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

to fred

is just hard to me to find when someone is joking, because English is not my first language. sometime i will laught at some joke because i think is funny, but i'm the only one

STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease

You do pretty darn well with English, I'd say. Far better than I ever did with French.

thanks A String for the info

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

no problem Danny. Now i know what it mean STD, i put on all my guitar some protection just in case they want to have some fun with my other gear i got in my studio

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Beautiful! Heavy weight- bet it has seriously strong "chunk", low-end... :rawk:

Love the dual adjustment-screws for the bass-side of each pickup! :cool:

I see that you put your strings on the tuners the same way that I do... :cool::thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Stop apologizing! You're bi-lingual. Be proud of that fact.

I am of Italian descent and speak some Italian. I have been to Italy twice during my life and when I speak, the Italians laugh at me and correct my pronunciation, As a matter of fact, some of my Italian friends gave me the nickname Como se' dice? . It means "How do you say?".

You would be shocked at how many Americans not only can't speak any foreign language, but don't even have a decent grasp of English. :wave:

If you play cool, you are cool.

I see that you put your strings on the tuners the same way that I do... :cool::thu:

Hey Caevan,

What is unusual about the stringing arrangement. I thought that was the proper way (with the strings going to the inside of the posts). Do some people do it differently?

Regards.

I think he may be talking about the number of wraps and passing the string through between the top wrap and the next one under it, and cutting the string off short and straight? (eveyone I know goes to the inside of the post)...I do it a little different using about the same number of wraps but I make my last pass through above all the wraps and with no knotting concept, then bend the string staight up and wack it off even with the top of the post...Taylor does it the same way I do it except they cut the string off as shown in the picture but even shorter...many techs leave the string longer and bend it in a "P" shape so the end faces down and doesn't poke you when changing strings and/or cleaning around the posts...other guys like to use a half-hitch knot, all kinds of ideas out there...

I wish Epiphone would have kept that same headstock as it's a work of art with the cut, shape and binding...

Take care, Larryz

Hey Caevan,

What is unusual about the stringing arrangement. I thought that was the proper way (with the strings going to the inside of the posts). Do some people do it differently?

Regards.

I was meaning that you do it the same way that I do, which I think is a good way. :cool:

The way you wind the string first over and then under the free end sticking out of the tuner-post, so that it grips it somewhat; and that you use only a few winds around the tuner-post. :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

You would be shocked at how many Americans not only can't speak any foreign language...

I think it is a disappointing fact, but the size of our country- sharing so few borders with foreign nations that speak a diffent language- plays a big role in that.

Me? I speak bit of German (lived there for 3 years as a military defendant; gone back twice since then), and know a little French and Spanish...VERY little. Not enough to be conversational, but enough to read [certain/i] things like menus & signs. I was taking a Japanese course & loved it, but despite my good performance in it, I was forced to quit due to unforeseen circumstances.

I started learning some Russian for a trip, but realized I started a bit to late to learn anything useful, and just carried a phrasebook instead...and when I got there, all the Russians wanted to practice their English! Never used the phrasebook.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Hey Scott,

I own an Epi Sheraton II and the headstock and multiply binding all around are truly beautiful- worthy of a much more expensive instrument.

It has a beautiful smooth, creamy tone which is well adapted for Jazz and Blues. The guitar is aboout 11-12 years old now. It was Korean made. The current incarnation of the guitar is made in China and I can't vouch for its build quality or tone.

I think he may be talking about the number of wraps and passing the string through between the top wrap and the next one under it, and cutting the string off short and straight? (eveyone I know goes to the inside of the post)...

Thanks for clarifying for me. As Sherlock Holmes so often admonished Dr. Watson, "you have seen but not observed". I made the same error in this case. (Truth be told, I don't know how Watson ever made it through medical school. He often appeared fairly stupid).

Regards

Hey Scott,

I own an Epi Sheraton II and the headstock and multiply binding all around are truly beautiful- worthy of a much more expensive instrument.

I have an Epi Emperor Regent & a Swingster, both models which don't duplicate any similar higher priced Gibson models. They're both beautifully appointed & the multi-ply binding has spoiled me for lesser decorated guitars. I also really like the Tree of Life headstock inlay.

It has a beautiful smooth, creamy tone which is well adapted for Jazz and Blues. The guitar is aboout 11-12 years old now. It was Korean made. The current incarnation of the guitar is made in China and I can't vouch for its build quality or tone.

My Emperor was made in Korea & it's simply one of my all time favorite guitars. Beautiful & a real joy to play. Could use a better floating pickup.

The Swingster is an obvious move to capture the Gretsch vibe, & was made in Indonesia. As suspicious as I would normally be about the Indonesian guitar building industry, they did a very good job with this one. It is acoustically much more alive & resonant than my Gretsch 5120, which is its nearest competitor. There are some small detailing issues, like visible filing marks around frets, but I see these in much more expensive guitars as well, & is purely cosmetic.

All in all, I'm an Epiphone fan, so I was very interested to see Simus' new purchase, a guitar I have never seen before.

Scott Fraser

To Scott Fraser

Yes i was really happy when i found this guitar, and of course the Custom and those one are hard to find. But when i read the story of this guitar, those one was made only 3 years during 79 to 81's. And they stop to make that, because the people didn't like it but after few years some people begin to like the custom and it begun a collector choice.

More i play on this guitar more i like it

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis <---interesting...looks like they were made in Taiwan 79-81 and will be reissued in 2012...also, the toggle switch is stock... :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1979-Epiphone-Genesis-Sunburst-Double-Cut-LP-Type-Matsumoku-Gibson-Case-/271042586076?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f1b65a5dc <---this one says Made in Japan, but it doesn't have as nice of a binding...$695. some really neat photos and the tuners are made by Gibson.

Take care, Larryz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis <---interesting...looks like they were made in Taiwan 79-81 and will be reissued in 2012...also, the toggle switch is stock... :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1979-Epiphone-Genesis-Sunburst-Double-Cut-LP-Type-Matsumoku-Gibson-Case-/271042586076?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f1b65a5dc <---this one says Made in Japan, but it doesn't have as nice of a binding...$695. some really neat photos and the tuners are made by Gibson.

the 1979 was made in Japan and the 80 to 81 was made in Taiwain

and the one on ebay is not 1979 made in Japan. Because golden hardware. 1979 only silver hardware. he try to pass this one because he got cover on the pup, but those pup on this guitar are those we find in the new epiphone made in china and this model is the deluxe and the price is to high. because is the right price for a Custom but not for a deluxe and even the swicht inside are event not connect and the wire inside show is not a japan model.my model is a custom 1980

if you want more info look at this link

http://epiphonegenesislovers.blogspot.ca/2010/03/history.html

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

I like your custom the best Simus especially with the binding that you have...he does say in the ad that he swapped out the pups and disconnected the toggle tap switch to wire them as straight-up with a set of hotter epi humbuckers. I see a little crack near his neck joint...that new 2012 looks really sweet on your blog link! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Archived