Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Graduation Gift

Dannyalcatraz

It's not for any effects that I recommended something like the Fender G-DEC (cheap!) or some Line 6 products (some also found for bargains) as mentioned above (along with a moderately priced, better guitar), but for the various features that would really enhance and expand (explode? :D ) his practicing, further learning, and creative exploring of various styles and techniques.

He's obviously NOT prioritized jamming with a band or trying lots of effects, if he's had a solid-body electric with no amp for years and digs "Big Band, Christian Rock, and a mix of other stuff"; practicing, learning, and exploring are obviously at the top of the stuff in his gig-bag...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caev, you must have misread along the way: he has a starter acoustic.

Aaaaah! So sorry!

Even so, I bet the rest of my observations would hold up...

Big Band and X-tian Rock! Hmn... To be the ultra cool Grandma:

How about one of those Epihpone Wildkat semi hollow

and a

VOX Valvetronix or Other All in one combo?

:cool:

• 1 month later...

Update: Secret Grandma will have to find a new gift to give her grandson- she got ninja'd!

Her daughter gave her own guitar to her son. He will not be displeased, either. It was given to her by an old boyfriend...before he became a world famous musician.

(It's not signed, though...but he thinks it's cooler that way.)

Anyway, thanks to all the people who helped me out!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Naahhhh, I can't go putting people's private biz on the Internet!

I'll just say that he's more of a singer who plays some guitar in his band than a guitarist- and thus, is better known for his voice than anything else.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

FWIW, I was just smartassing around above here with the Warren Zevon references- I doubt the mystery star is him.

And, yes, sadly, Warren did pass on (here's a thread on the matter WARNING: Do NOT click on the news-story-link in the first post on that thread, its destination has been identified as a malevelent "Reported Attack Page"); I believe it was due to cancer. I count myself VERY fortunate to have seen him in concert, and been right up close enough to chat with him casually once and a while between songs... He was pretty cool, friendly, and funny.

____________________________________________ http://www.gonzo.org/hst/pix/zevon.gif

Archived