Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PC3 reverb decay noise

Scandel

So I got my PC3 used from a Guitar center shipped to me, the problem is I think there is something wrong with it. The reverb decay has a buzzing noise in the decay. Really hear it through the headphones and not as much through the speakers, but still there. And no it is not mixed with the distortion FX. I updated to the new OS, I reset to factory, Changed headphones, Noise still there. Anybody else ever have this. I guess I have to return it to my local GC. Really enjoyed everything else.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried Kurzweil support?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

....Noise still there. Anybody else ever have this. I guess I have to return it to my local GC. Really enjoyed everything else.

Depends. Have you played boards with on board digital effects before? I find I hear some decay noise in about every board I have ever ownned with on board digital effects. But if it sounds like a chainsaw or a swarm of African Killer Bees then no that would be bad and I have never had that.

You couldn't capture the noise in an audio file could you?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I had issues with my PC3 the first day I got it. I did not hestitate for a second; pack it up and send it back and have them send you a replacement. Don't fool around with it; it shouldn't have issues from day 1. You don't buy a keyboard and expect to have problems from the 1st day. Return it and have them send you a replacement ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I find I hear some decay noise in about every board I have ever owned with on board digital effects. But if it sounds like a chainsaw or a swarm of African Killer Bees then no that would be bad and I have never had that.

Same here.

I've had my PC3X since March, 2008, the PC3 since Feb, 2009 - have not noticed any such noise on the reverb.

Before returning it to GC, contact Kurzweil: support@kurzweil.com Jean may be able to help - give him a couple of days, since support calls tend to come in bunches; but their support is very good.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Good eyes; I didn't see it was purchased used but I see it now. Still think he is entitled to return it if it is not functioning as advertised. Chances of receiving a replacement though are near nill ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I filled out the Kurzweil contact form so hopefully they can help. I have had other boards, Rolands, did not make this noise. Kinda like digital artifacts and not the sound decaying normally. It is used so I have 30 days with GC.

You can get that kind of thing if you crank up an analog volume to hear the ends of digital tails (which would normally be very quiet). I get this on my MR76, which I believe is a 16-bitter. With 24 bit converters, I doubt it should happen, or at least it should be very subtle.

But to hear this, you have to crank the volume way up well after the notes have peaked, or you'd blast your speakers. Or set the patch volume very very low.

Well I fixed it. Saw on Gearslutz someone was having some problems and he ended up having a loose connection. Opened it up and 1 was loose. Gotta love the way these shippers handle stuff. Thanks all.

Kurz support will help troubleshoot this.... It should not be hard for us to figure out if there is a problem with the keyboard.

A few things to try while you're waiting to hear back from support....

-Have you tried balanced cables?

-Have you tried bypassing any mixers?

-Tried a bunch of different types of sounds - pianos, strings, EPs, synths, etc?

-Same noise in headphones as with main outs? (I think yes, but just double checking)

Select default program #999. Hit edit, and page over to the ProgFx page.

Try out a few different reverbs and see if you get the noise.

Archived