Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Custom Pick Guard Ideas for my Geddy

SteveC

I bought a black Geddy Lee jazz. I have a friend who does fantastic painting (airbrush stuff) on welding helmets, Xbox controllers, etc. etc. Looks amazing - like a movie poster or pro artwork.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'd like to have him do a pick guard for my bass. Having trouble coming up with an idea. So far we have Pigpen from Peanuts fame. Ideas?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a tribute to bass in the classical music realm? A pickguard is fairly sizable palette, so how about the sheet music for Serge Koussevitsky's Concerto for Double Bass in F# minor, Op. 3 (1902)?

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Air brush an image of your Geddy with and airbrushed image of a Geddy on the pick guard.

Cool. Let's take it farther. How about a picture of Geddy playing a Geddy with a picture of you playing a Geddy on it.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

As endearing as Ken's PS skills are...

Just try it with no pickguard.

Trust me on this.

Peace,

wraub

It's "naked" as we speak. I do like the look. I need to get some of my daughters black paint and just touch up the screw holes so you can't see them as much.

Archived