Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ridiculous mini jack type damper input

Gary75

I'm about to launch my CME U Key into next doors yard.

I recently took delivery of this cheap and cheerful controller board and am faced with problems getting a sustain pedal to work with the socket. I bought a mini jack mono converter adaptor and after having it working it's now not again. I have tried polarity and type adjustments to no avail. When it's plugged in it just doesn't feel tight at all.

Has anybody experienced these mini jack type connectors?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I like some of the controllers further up the ladder, metal chassis and nice semi weighted action, to me anyway.

It's the OS which tends to be slack

Anyway, I tried a stereo mini jack adaptor and it's working again.

I really want to like CMEs because they are cheap and plentiful here. However I have yet yo meet someone who is totally happy with their CME product. The complaint isn't the build. It's the OS that gives them fits.
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Most sustain pedal circuits are tip sleeve 1/4 inch, even if this is a mini 1/8 jack it should be "mono"tip /sleeve wiring , a sustain is either NO or NC wiring depending on the OS of the controller so a TRS. wiring is odd but maybe CME marches to the beat of a different drum

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Archived