Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

David Sancious to tour with Brand X!

BP3

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I saw him was a big club in East St.Louis, 1982.

Jack Bruce ( bassist Cream ) Alan Holdsworth ( monster sessionist ) Billy Cobham ( Mahavishnu drummer).

Sancious can play with anyone anywhere, on anything.

They were doing some pretty off meter grooves and I was surpised to see Jack Bruce keeping up.

Bump when you here more.

Magnus C350 and a TV Dinner Tray Stand

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets

Sorry, had to chuckle at "surprised to see Jack Bruce keeping up"

The band you saw in 1982 was Jack Bruce's Band, "A Gathering of Minds" - they also had Didier Lockwood on the fiddle with that group. Cobham and Sancious also supported him with Clem Clempson on guitar for his 1980 solo release I've Always Wanted to Do This.

Educate yourself a bit before you disrespect musicians with the kind of pedigree possessed by Jack Bruce like that.

Have always loved Sancious' playing, from E Street to Tone to The Bridge to Sting and elsewhere. That duet release with Robbie Dupree was a sweet example of creative piano behind a singer as well.

Combined with the U.K. reunion tour, it's almost like my old prog vinyl is coming back to life.

Whoah Now..........

Surely didn't mean to disrepect Jack Bruce as he was a childhood idol of mine in Cream. I simply stated I was surpised to hear him doing off meter grooves with monsters and hanging tight.

Sorry to inform you that no Violinist was there, and Holdsworth was. I was the opening act and met every player, and also met Narada Micheal Waldon who sat in, with Chuck Leavel, who I also opened for when he was in Sea Level. I specifically remember how mellow Cobham was as I congradulated him on his LP Spectrum, which I absolutely loved

Perhaps you saw the Band in a different venue as back then labels would always throw these types of groups together like Beck, Bogart and Appice, then Carmine would be with Rod Stewart 3 months later. Now he's back with Bogart again and some Vargas cat from Spain I hear. He also steals my Bass player for the King Kobra re Unions with Frontier Records.

My intentions were out of respect, sorry if I came off differnently.

Peace Out...

Whoah Now..........

Surely didn't mean to disrepect Jack Bruce as he was a childhood idol of mine in Cream. I simply stated I was surpised to hear him doing off meter grooves with monsters and hanging tight.

The way it read, it sounded like you were surprised he was capable of playing with these guys. Knowing what I know about Bruce's history (with these very cats, among other people), I was like "huh?!"

I mean, yeah, that was right about the time his drug problem was starting to really catch up with him, but I don't recall ever seeing an ensemble performance where he was clearly in over his head.

Regardless, we can certainly chalk it all up to a misunderstanding. :thu:

PLINK

"Brand X to Tour with David Sancious, 15 Jan 2012. John Goodsall, Percy Jones, and Ronnie Ciago have agreement from David Sancious to explore dates for this summer. Initially Patrick Moraz was on board, but had to pull out. Immidiately it was thought to contact Sancious, and as fate should have it, Sancious was already contacted and all parties have agreed to move forward to tour as "BRAND X with David Sancious". Music will consist of Brand X and Sancious classics, along with new music and a cover of something special. More soon..."

I would love to see this show! I would have dug seeing Moraz again too!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

It's all good Brotha' Man Grif.

And trust me, I know too well about Drugs, performers, etc.

Can't believe I survived the 80's.

Many of my friends didn't.

Now days I am so straight I have to lay down just to take a shit.

And BTW Tony S. I watch the Jazz Channels and PBS Shows and caught Sytx now with a String Orchestra and totally vamped up.

The Single Controller is all they use with the Aquilla wireless I suppose, as the Performing Keyboardist spins around using the motion as part of the show, and playing from the backside of the keyboards, etc. NO Kieth Emerson parts but low 5ths' etc...

Glad to see they have had such good succees to keep progressing.

Now I will go see them hopefully at THomas & Mack or a bigger venue, as the House Of Blues show was propably used to see how good they'd sell. Here in Vegas Classic Rock Groups sell really well, THomas & Mack has a much larger venue. Mo' Money.

Archived