Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Happened to Page B'tween '75 and '79?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing that bums me out most about that is the fact that we could have had even more Zeppelin output during that time, had the needle not done the damage. They released [i]Presence[/i] in '76, but that was mostly leftovers from the last period of huge creative output, writing and recording [i]Physical Graffiti[/i] the year before. But then, Page was strung out for a few years until they got together to do [i]In Through the Out Door[/i], and you can hear the dramatic difference of John Paul Jones stepping much more into the producer role than Page had ever alloed on previous records. I love that record, but it's a completely different vibe than Phys Graf, for instance. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by spigots: [b]I remember hearing now. I guess I was in some sort of age-induced denial about one of my childhood heroes. What a F-in' shame. His playing on the Earl's Court section is about a wonderful as I've ever heard. Ever. From anyone. Frank[/b][/quote]That's just jaw-dropping. I've heard several people say, "You know, I always thought LZ was okay, but now I'm a huge fan (after seeing that)."

Archived