Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is the Nord Stage 2 Piano technology any good?

baconhairpiece

I recently had my Roland rd700sx stolen, yes, STOLEN. Loved the grand piano technology and sound on that thing. I'm looking at a Nord Stage 2 88 as replacement. I know everything else on the model is great, but is the piano sound and touch any good? I need something to practice piano for school on in addition to gigging hard with electric bands.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get yourself to a music store and play one. Piano sound is the most personally subjective thing that we talk about.

Also be aware that there are at least a half dozen grands and as many uprights that you can load. Often the favorites of most people here are not loaded at the factory.

Anyway, if you are contemplating dropping that much coin, find a way to put your hands on one.

Moe

---

Unfortunately it's hard to check out the newer "bright Yamaha " sample in the store as the NS2 ships with the Bosie , Grand Lady D & Yamaha Studio Grand 2.

There's still plenty of usable stuff in the Stage to get an idea of what's going on with sound and action though. I used to not be into the Nord pianos at all but I think in the last year they've improved dramatically with the new samples and *long release* feature. I think they will just get better in the future too. I would certainly recommend them now.

Archived