Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Creation Station - audio computers

CEB

I was talking to my guy at Sweetwater here a while back about Muse Research Receptor stuff and the LONG anticipated Muse Box. He told me they will not carry the Muse Box nor do they handle Receptor, he cited stability issues.

Well I am looking at this paper they sent me and there is a write up on their CreationStation Pro Audio computers. These are rack mounted workstation. They range in price from $1000 to $2700.

Is anyone familiar with these? Do they pretty much provide the same type platform as Receptor II if you load it with sounds?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIK, aren't they just PCs set up for music and DAWs? You get the support of Sweetwater behind them, so that's probably good.

http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/

Watching the video, there's one thing he doesn't mention - road use. Even when he talks about portability and putting it in a portable rack, he's talking about on-site recording, not gigging.

Would these be suitable for gigging? :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

no not unless it's used in a shock type rack

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

They are just PCs optimized for use as DAWs. They look to be reasonably well-spec'ed. You certainly could load up a host and play virtual instruments on them, but they aren't packaged to do JUST that.

The reason _I_ received from my SW rep regarding Receptor was not a stability thing... more that the margins were really small and Muse was going to do better selling direct. But whatev... I still wants one!

I make software noises.

That sounds more like a reason I would suspect especially considering the list of talent using Muse technology.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I went with ADK and am very happy with my rack mount audio computer. It is quite heavy and I would not consider taking it out to a gig. Not for what I have in it. That's what MacBooks are for. I cannot think of the other company out there that also specializes in audio computers. I went whith ADK so I can talk to the person that actually builds my computer. I specked out my computer and they responded with a few ideas of where I could cut corners. They also pre installed my DAW and burned it in.

I could have built it myself. In fact, I did build my last two DAW's, but this time I wanted some expert help. I also approached it from a business standpoint. I don't expect professional quality musicians to play for free and I don't expect professional music computer advice for free.

One thing I probably would do different, not get a rack. It was not as handy as I expected. Right now it is sitting on top of my desk.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived