Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Recommend me a budget camcorder

tucktronix

Hi Guys,

I have been on the hunt for an HD camcorder to use for videoing gigs. It must be somewhere in the $150 - $300 range, have decent stereo sound(I don't expect professional grade at that price range), optical stabilization and performs quite well in low-light. Mic input is a huge plus. Any ideas??

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This little Zoom Q3HD is working great for me. It's around $300.

Decent mics built in. External mic & line input. Low light performance is typical for an under $600 camera. Almost any modest stage lighting will make it come alive. If your playing in a dark corner with little to no lights, it will suck. It's very easy to use and sounds amazing for the money. You can also turn off video and use it as an audio only recorder.

The Zoom looks yummy. I'm checking out the vids on YouTube, not bad. I figured the sound would be it's strong point(I own a Zoom H4N recorder), but I'm checking out the videos on YouTube. BTW RedKey, does the Zoom Q3HD have optical stabilization? What is the optical zoom on this thing??

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

For $300 you can get a 32GB ipod touch 4G which you can edit the videos on as well as shoot them....

Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio

VGA-quality photos and video up to 30 frames per second with front camera

Tap to control exposure for video or stills

Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi

Luvverly Stuff!

"Just a tad more attack on the filter, Grandad!"

Archived