Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Saying goodbye to an old friend

SEHpicker

My good friend T Ray Becker passed away last week. His music was inspiring and I was priviledged to have called T Ray my friend for many years. He has numerous CDs out and below is a video I produced for him back in 93'. He was a musician, artist, cowboy, poet, wanderer and all around great person.

The second video is just a photo with the song "The Boy In Me", which I think is a classic. T Ray once spent a whole year on the road out west playin honky-tonks and bars for enough gas money to get him to the next town. He told me he did it for the songs that he'd be inspired to write. I think it worked.

I know most are rockers on this forum but good music is good music...

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother, so sorry you lost your friend. I have to tell you, I'm not a Country fan, by any means, but I listened to that first song, A Backward People, and there are some truly beautiful lyrics. Thank you for sharing this, and may your friend rest in peace.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Thanks WP. Yes, he wrote some beautiful songs and his barritone voice was truly special. still can't believe he's gone.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I can see that he had talent and skill; your words above make me think that I would have liked very much to have known him, myself. Thanks for the videos.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

He kinda looks like a guy I knew who passed away some years back. He was a likeable guy, too.

Sorry for your loss. I've had good friends pass on over the years for one reason or another. Yeah, it hurts. Hang in there, friend.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I know most are rockers on this forum

But not all of us.

but good music is good music...

Good music always trumps genres. When he was just starting out in New York in the early 60s someone told Bob Dylan he should go uptown to hear Thelonius Monk. He did, & introduced himself during a break, saying "Hi. I'm Bob Dylan. I play folk music down in the Village." Monk replied "Son, we all play folk music."

Your pal played some good folk music & left some soulful beautiful songs behind. Sorry to hear he took the long ride home.

Scott Fraser

but good music is good music...

Good music always trumps genres.

Yeah.

When he was just starting out in New York in the early 60s someone told Bob Dylan he should go uptown to hear Thelonius Monk. He did, & introduced himself during a break, saying "Hi. I'm Bob Dylan. I play folk music down in the Village." Monk replied "Son, we all play folk music."

Cool story and quote.

Your pal played some good folk music & left some soulful beautiful songs behind. Sorry to hear he took the long ride home.

Definitely.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I have always been a blues rocker in my playing but I have also always been an admirer of country music, those guys are the best of the best pickers out there. I can play jazz and I can play blues and rock but I don't have the articulation to play country licks, I know what to play to play country but getting it done is darn hard work.

RIP your friend.....

Archived