Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Doepfer D3c

Gabricasanova

Hello!

I have a Doepfer D3c drawbars organ controller.

I know it is for control software as B4.

But I would like to control a sound module as Voce v5.

Do you know if is possible change the MIDI control numbers of the Doepfer d3c?

Do you undertand me?

For example, if the first drawbar in the Voce V5 is the CC54 and the first drawbar in the doepfer is CC65 Can I change this for the CC54?

Thank you very much!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello!

I have a Doepfer D3c drawbars organ controller.

I know it is for control software as B4.

But I would like to control a sound module as Voce v5.

Do you know if is possible change the MIDI control numbers of the Doepfer d3c?

Do you undertand me?

For example, if the first drawbar in the Voce V5 is the CC54 and the first drawbar in the doepfer is CC65 Can I change this for the CC54?

Thank you very much!!

Midisolutions MIDI Event Processor (Plus)

A.C.

Perhaps silly to mention but to a person reading that manual it may not be obvious that there is software for this to find and download. I just looked quickly again and did not see a reference to a software download, maybe there is.

Anyway, this, as many know, is a remarkable piece and one of a kind. It saves, from the software, to an RTF file, if I remember correctly. Be careful, you do not want to lose that RTF file for programming as it may mean programming all over again. (been so long I forget, as I programmed a perfect transition to EVB3 from a Hamichord and it's HC stock midi appointments, THEN lost the RTF file, so if I reprogram it, to something else, I lose all that work on the EVB3, AND it took a while with some tricky stuff on the rotor switch CCs on the HC that were difficult)

W

Perhaps silly to mention but to a person reading that manual it may not be obvious that there is software for this to find and download. I just looked quickly again and did not see a reference to a software download, maybe there is.

Anyway, this, as many know, is a remarkable piece and one of a kind. It saves, from the software, to an RTF file, if I remember correctly. Be careful, you do not want to lose that RTF file for programming as it may mean programming all over again. (been so long I forget, as I programmed a perfect transition to EVB3 from a Hamichord and it's HC stock midi appointments, THEN lost the RTF file, so if I reprogram it, to something else, I lose all that work on the EVB3, AND it took a while with some tricky stuff on the rotor switch CCs on the HC that were difficult)

W

FYI - you wouldn't need an event processor to control EVB3 - you can do all that kind of custom work in Logic pretty easily.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Perhaps silly to mention but to a person reading that manual it may not be obvious that there is software for this to find and download.
I guess I made a bad assumption that if he acquired the hardware that he also knew there was software that went with it.. So here is the link to the related software that needs to be used with the hardware http://www.midisolutions.com/ptepp.htm

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

W

FYI - you wouldn't need an event processor to control EVB3 - you can do all that kind of custom work in Logic pretty easily.

Actually Mainstage did a lot of the changes but there were more complex programming that the EP could only do with a CC duplication/disparity that required a midi loop or sequence that only the EP could do with my knowledge of Logic. The rotor switch was very difficult and success was only reached with the EP. It was a looped midi CC sequence if I remember with the EP that did it. Too long ago for me to remember precisely how I looped the translation map in EP for the odd multiple CC of the rotor switch

I also could not get the odd CC config of the switch to work in Midiox. Only the EV+ had the appointments to offer a translation loop.

Logic did not work for me and I never got even close to having the rotor switch work correctly in Logic. YMMV depending on how deep your knowledge of Logic is. Perhaps you could easily do it.

W

Archived